Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need M3 windshield Phoenix [resolved in 2019]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled appointment with Scottsdale SC to get new windshield. 2 hours later, we get a Tesla email saying due to demand they are unable to support the replacement windshield at the SC. They recommended us to our insurance or Blue Chip Auto Glass in Phoenix. Nice!!!

Anyone have experiences with Blue Chip or other suggestions? They quoted me about $1250.00. No insurance involved.

I got a replacement Model 3 windshield through Blue Chip. But it was fully covered by my insurance ($0 deductible). They didn’t have any windshields in stock at the time, but got a large shipment in a week later.

I actually had the windshield tinted prior to installation at Cactus Auto Tint. Then I took my car to Cactus and Blue Chip came out and swapped windshields.

I got a replacement Model 3 windshield through Blue Chip. But it was fully covered by my insurance ($0 deductible). They didn’t have any windshields in stock at the time, but got a large shipment in a week later.

I actually had the windshield tinted prior to installation at Cactus Auto Tint. Then I took my car to Cactus and Blue Chip came out and swapped windshields.

how did you get the windshield to cactus?

thx. And then they came back and installed it after tint was applied? Did it cost more?
Yes, that’s right: They drop off the windshield at a Cactus; Cactus tints it; and they come back and install it on the car - No extra cost. They work with Cactus all the time doing this. I’ve, also, had it done several times on my Model S windshield. If you had the damaged windshield previously tinted, they also work out a deal where you can get the new one tinted at no cost.

Interesting. I had tried doing this back in the Carolinas and got ticket for front window tint... Have you run into any issues with cops here? I know most of us run around with darker than legal with no issue, so I would think no... Where is a good place to install it?

Interesting. I had tried doing this back in the Carolinas and got ticket for front window tint... Have you run into any issues with cops here? I know most of us run around with darker than legal with no issue, so I would think no... Where is a good place to install it?

How dark was it and was it ceramic?

The 70% ceramic we use isn’t noticeable at all. It’s purpose is heat reduction.

Nice! If it cuts down on UV, that will def help here in the Valley. I looked up cactus and it looks like they are in Scottsdale. (the poster was from Tucson, so didn't think they were from around here...) I need to have them look at my CPO, it was already tinted and would like to go a bit darker and decent UV protection... Andrew - Do you work there?

Nice! If it cuts down on UV, that will def help here in the Valley. I looked up cactus and it looks like they are in Scottsdale. (the poster was from Tucson, so didn't think they were from around here...) I need to have them look at my CPO, it was already tinted and would like to go a bit darker and decent UV protection... Andrew - Do you work there?

I don’t work there. I haven’t even used them but know a ton of people go there with Tesla's. I took both of our Tesla’s to fast lane in Scottsdale.

I have a few chips and will need to do this at some point. Didn’t know this was an option.