Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need opinions on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have a 2018 F-150 that I am wanting to sell for a Model Y. I currently also have a Model S Plaid (2022).

There are a few Model Ys nearby (both performance and LR) that are used with low milage (10-30k). I also would consider new. I would use the Model Y as a second car, mostly during crap weather/winter or on road trip with my family.

I'm torn here. I would not receive/qualify for the EV tax credit so thats a moot point. I am fine with either LR or performance, but am leaning towards long range since i have the plaid.

Do the matrix headlights matter that much in the 2023?

I don't plan on using FSD or anything (I don't currently) so should I care about hardware 4?

I've only really followed model S, any drastic differences in 2020 vs. 2021 or 2022 if considering used?

Anything else I should be thinking about?

I've only really followed model S, any drastic differences in 2020 vs. 2021 or 2022 if considering used?

Ryzen vs intel processor (ryzen in my wifes March 2022). Requirement? No, but something I would target. Like most Tesla things, the build quality tends to be better on the newer ones (wifes march 2022 was excellent).

Reactions: Yelobird
LR makes sense to me if you're looking at longer trips and comfort. Plus you have all the speed of the plaid already.

Here's a post about the changes too. Can't say if the matrix headlights are worth it, since they're not activated yet, but they'll likely be better either way. Mainly, I think headlights, comfort suspension, loss of uss, and various acoustic upgrades (cargo cover, more carpet/paneling). Worth the upgrade IMHO. But then again, so is HW4 (for better cameras) and likely other future changes.

What are feature differences if any from 2022 to 2023 model year for Model Y? What are feature differences if any from 2022 to 2023 model year for Model Y?

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
LR makes sense to me if you're looking at longer trips and comfort. Plus you have all the speed of the plaid already.

Here's a post about the changes too. Can't say if the matrix headlights are worth it, since they're not activated yet, but they'll likely be better either way. Mainly, I think headlights, comfort suspension, loss of uss, and various acoustic upgrades (cargo cover, more carpet/paneling). Worth the upgrade IMHO. But then again, so is HW4 (for better cameras) and likely other future changes.

What are feature differences if any from 2022 to 2023 model year for Model Y? What are feature differences if any from 2022 to 2023 model year for Model Y?
Thank you for the link.

I didn't realize suspension changes were part of 2023. Admittedly, its nice to be able to adjust this in the S.

If you can find what you are looking for in inventory, I believe they are offering a great savings over build. I would also see what their offer is on trade. Not sure if it's the same in you location but here in Texas, the trade in value offsets the amount of taxable purchase.

If you can find what you are looking for in inventory, I believe they are offering a great savings over build. I would also see what their offer is on trade. Not sure if it's the same in you location but here in Texas, the trade in value offsets the amount of taxable purchase.
Yes, I can most likely find what I want in current inventory - a few have popped up (and gone) over the last few days alone.

The trade in range that Tesla provided me was higher than what I have been receiving elsewhere as well. This was the case as well on the trade in for my S.

Reactions: Darmie