Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Quick Help for Minor Issue in San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi everyone - my UMC gen 1 will give me the red light of death (3 blinks red). Tried holding down reset button for 10 seconds and watched device reset. Still get red. Plugged into 10-30 dryer. Before this it worked fine for 4 months

When I plug it into 120v it works fine (both 15 and 20 amp)

I only use the official Tesla adapters with all these outlets. I had an electrician come out and he said the 10-30 outlet was fine. He then asked for gas money and left (wtf?).

If anyone is local to Rancho Penasquitos in San Diego can you please stop by with your known working UMC gen1 and try my 10-30 plug? You can just use my tesla UMC gen1 10-30 adapter.

Also I’m accepting other ideas too. Already tried:
- cycle breaker
- check for loose breaker / loose wires
- check voltage: 240v
- hold reset button on UMC for 10 seconds

Thanks!

Edit: I should add the issue is intermittent. Sometimes it works.

Edit2: as a thank you I’ll let you charge for free and my wife

Last edited:
Alternatively, you could take your umc to another outlet or to the service center to rule out the UMC as the issue.. Especially since you already had your electrical checked. The UMC definitely do break

Alternatively, you could take your umc to another outlet or to the service center to rule out the UMC as the issue.. Especially since you already had your electrical checked. The UMC definitely do break

Won’t let me edit original post anymore. Service center visit was scheduled immediately but is 3 weeks off so need to use 120v for 3 weeks. If it turns out to be issue with outlet then out another 2 weeks on top of that finding a different electrician that can troubleshoot the problem

I’m definitely happy to drive to anyone’s home that has a 10-30 outlet I can try. Thanks !

Regarding edit 2 - a pic would be great

E48A90A0-4723-44A2-8F6F-BC29072282E0.jpeg

You’re welcome