Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need recommendation for a rear CF matt finish spoiler for MY

Which OEM-like aftermarket real CF rear spoiler to install?

• Topfit

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Hansshow

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • RPM

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all - Thinking about installing a rear spoiler (for aesthetics and low garage clearance) and wondering which you guys recommend based on fit and finish. I would like it to be real carbon fiber in matt finish, matching the OEM one that comes with MYP.

My search is pointing to RPM, Topfit, and Hansshow, but if you recommend another one, please let me know.

Topfit link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TBZFY3J/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1OCNKVJSVDAX&psc=1
Hansshow link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QYM9JK6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1U2D9JFI5ZDW5&psc=1
RPM link: Model Y Performance Spoiler - Real Molded Carbon Fiber

Thank you!

Hello all - Thinking about installing a rear spoiler (for aesthetics and low garage clearance) and wondering which you guys recommend based on fit and finish. I would like it to be real carbon fiber in matt finish, matching the OEM one that comes with MYP.

My search is pointing to RPM, Topfit, and Hansshow, but if you recommend another one, please let me know.

Topfit link: Amazon.com
Hansshow link: Amazon.com
RPM link: Model Y Performance Spoiler - Real Molded Carbon Fiber

Thank you!
I installed the Topfit matte carbon fiber about 5 weeks ago. Great fit, holding well and looks great. (Inspired by a small chip from a low parking garage conduit. I’ve also since adjusted the trunk opening down a bit.)

1653959135778.jpeg

Reactions: ishareit
I have the Topfit on my 2020 MYLR. Installed about nine months ago.

The spoiler hasn't moved a bit, still solidly mounted. I used the included adhesive and adhesive promoter.

I taped the heck out of it (using 3M yellow automotive masking tape) to hold it in place overnight while the adhesive setup.

Reactions: ishareit
I will try Topfit.

Just fyi, I got Hansshow from Amazon twice but both of them had imperfections and the tape was already coming off at the edges. Ended up returning both of them.
I am very disappointed with mine... not one of those listed above. A highly experieced guy failed to make it stick.
When I expressed my disappointment, the supplier questioned the ability of the technician and boasted of thousands of successful fittings. Stat that helps me not one iota.

I went through the same thought process a while back that you are going through now. In my case, I wanted carbon fiber in a gloss finish (gloss carbon fiber looks great). In walking around the parking lot at work, I saw the slim-line spoilers and the larger spoilers. I finally went with the larger spoiler (RPM Jupiter). In my opinion, since my MYLR already has a spoiler-like lip on the back's sheet metal, then adding a larger spoiler changes the look and I like how it flows.

I'm just passing this along in case you hadn't considered a larger spoiler. And adhesion of the 3M tape isn't an issue since there are several pieces of tape holding it in-place. I've had it for several months now and it has been through the non-touchless car wash many times (i.e. the big blue spinning brushes and the wipe strips).

1658006428687.png
1658006448369.png

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: Wattsisname
I have the Topfit on my 2020 MYLR. Installed about nine months ago.

The spoiler hasn't moved a bit, still solidly mounted. I used the included adhesive and adhesive promoter.

I taped the heck out of it (using 3M yellow automotive masking tape) to hold it in place overnight while the adhesive setup.
Question, did you use the stock tape that came with the spoiler or did you replace it and use your own set?

Whoa, no way. Did they say why? The weight or the stock tape? Unless they tried replacing the tape and still no go. If the pros are unable to get it to hold, that's pretty concerning.
First time I have mention their name but have cited the situation in previous posts.
They Kindly answered my concerns with a few crocodile tears but were emphatic that half the planet (well quite a few) purchasers have had no problem.
And to think I paid shipping and import duty to have the "benefit" of an American company's longer term Tesla experience.
Hey Ho! Keep living and learning; life is a process.

Last edited:
First time I have mention their name but have cited the situation in previous posts.
They Kindly answered my concerns with a few crocodile tears but were emphatic that half the planet (well quite a few) purchasers have had no problem.
And to think I paid shipping and import duty to have the "benefit" of an American company's longer term Tesla experience.
Man, that sucks. Thanks for sharing. With all of these options, good to know who's out there willing to help.

P.S. They used the included tape etc. I know I could buy more tape and try myself but I will not chance it. It actually fell off while I was collecting the car so now I have a band of paint at the rear which is free of Ceramic. They would have covered it but we agreed to leave it in case I found the courage to have a go myself; four months gone and I cringe when I contemplate the task. I am quite used (as an amature) to manual tasks, automotive and building/decorating etc but I can't risk harming Lizzie Y. Interestingly, the untreated strip is less noticeable after it is washed with GTechniq Ceramic wash.
The PS is longer than the post😂

Question, did you use the stock tape that came with the spoiler or did you replace it and use your own set?
I used the included tape and adhesive promoter.

The spoiler still hasn't moved a bit.

ETA: I had my car ceramic coated about one year before I installed the spoiler. Again, I used the supplied adhesive promoter, then taped the heck out of the spoiler while the adhesive set and left it overnight. I pulled the tape and the spoiler hasn't moved.

Last edited:
I used the included tape and adhesive promoter.

The spoiler still hasn't moved a bit.

ETA: I had my car ceramic coated about one year before I installed the spoiler. Again, I used the supplied adhesive promoter, then taped the heck out of the spoiler while the adhesive set and left it overnight. I pulled the tape and the spoiler hasn't moved.
Nice, okay! Will definitely on my to buy/to install list.