Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some last minute advice!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add my 2¢: I am in San Francisco, did not get AWD even though I am an absolute AWD fanatic from my years in Canada. I used the $5k for other things, like the color and pano roof.
I like this electric rocket that has an excellent traction control that let's the car get just a bit squirrelly. Feels alive!

I LOVE!!! My RWD P85+. I don't drive in snow, so I don't need AWD. I have had it on my last 3 or 4 cars and liked it a lot. But I find the RWD to be so much fun. So I think it really comes down to if you want rock solid stability or the ability to toss her around a bit. My car does fantastically in the rain. Completely solid and predictable. And the RWD has been very well rated in the snow by Bjorn and other northerners. The traction control is really quite good, unless you hammer the pedal.

So if it saves you some $, I think you would fine.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: e-FTW
+1 to this. I scrape in my garage. Socal is not friendly to low cars.
I did this to avoid the scrape getting in to my garage. YMMV! What if one got this instead of air suspension?
Disclaimer: this is a it of a ghetto hack, but have never felt the need for air, even on the insane hills of San Francisco. I just take it easy and don't attack the hills with agression.