Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need suggestions for all season tire and wheel setup for model 3 performance model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will never track this car. I have not made these all-season tires squeal or leave me wanting for more grip.

Stop telling the OP he is doing it wrong. If they wants all seasons we showed them the best ones out there to get. They are quite high performance. They are the perfect tire for some situations. Not everyone’s.

Reactions: Perscitus
Spoken like someone with one set of wheels and a climate that doesn't require anything other than summer tires.
No - spoken like some1 who lives in 4 seasons & scratches his head @ people who think All-seasons can remotely perform the same as warm season tires.

Like OP in Colorado who had their early season snowmageddon in Sept/October?? He should have asked about snow tires - & make it about safety not replicate performance.

Anyhow - all you camaro wannabes keep deceiving yourself & think your A/S can be a "performer" in wintry or colder climes.
You'll probably be wrapped around a tree by Christmas.

No - spoken like some1 who lives in 4 seasons & scratches his head @ people who think All-seasons can remotely perform the same as warm season tires.

Like OP in Colorado who had their early season snowmageddon in Sept/October?? He should have asked about snow tires - & make it about safety not replicate performance.

Anyhow - all you camaro wannabes keep deceiving yourself & think your A/S can be a "performer" in wintry or colder climes.
You'll probably be wrapped around a tree by Christmas.

Geez man, your last sentence feels really wrong. I wouldn't want anyone to get in a wreck and I hope that people are smart about driving in the winter. Tires aren't everything. It definitely helps to have winter tires and obviously summer tires will not work at all in winter but it also requires very cautious driving. With the right person behind the wheel, all seasons will work.. just be very careful.

Can't we all just get along? Tesla owners have it rough as it is with all the hate from media, keyings, etc.

Reactions: Perscitus and SVL77
So after reading a ton of tire/tyre reviews, and looking at/watching all-seasons vs winter tires, I've decided against the Michelin CrossClimate+ as a one-size-fits-all solution for me. I'm sure it would be just fine if I stayed in the city and just didn't drive on the rare snowy/icy days, but since I drive to northern Idaho often and have to go over the mountains, I will need a true studless winter tire.

I'll be getting a set of cheaper wheels off tirerack and winter tires, haven't decided which, but looking for snow/ice traction before all else. I'll be getting a set of the TSportline TSS wheels with Michelin PS4S as well, which should do just fine for 95% of the days in Seattle throughout the year. I already have a nice hydraulic jack, so I should be able to swap them on and off throughout the winter as needed.

The only problem: Where to store the tires. I live in an apartment and I doubt my girlfriend will be happy with me for stacking them up in the living room. Guess I'll get some covers for them, and just tell her safety first...

Neutered
upload_2019-11-8_15-18-43.png

So after reading a ton of tire/tyre reviews, and looking at/watching all-seasons vs winter tires, I've decided against the Michelin CrossClimate+ as a one-size-fits-all solution for me. I'm sure it would be just fine if I stayed in the city and just didn't drive on the rare snowy/icy days, but since I drive to northern Idaho often and have to go over the mountains, I will need a true studless winter tire.

I'll be getting a set of cheaper wheels off tirerack and winter tires, haven't decided which, but looking for snow/ice traction before all else. I'll be getting a set of the TSportline TSS wheels with Michelin PS4S as well, which should do just fine for 95% of the days in Seattle throughout the year. I already have a nice hydraulic jack, so I should be able to swap them on and off throughout the winter as needed.

The only problem: Where to store the tires. I live in an apartment and I doubt my girlfriend will be happy with me for stacking them up in the living room. Guess I'll get some covers for them, and just tell her safety first...
Some tire shops offer storage.

Yes you got a bunch of people compromising vs. the ones on the right who know what they are doing (track tested).

Of course if you jerk off to the left hand side, you will automatically spin your story to match.

Reinforcement theory look it up.
Don't wrap that car this winter in chi- town!
Everyone's decision is a compromise. I mean your choice is a compromise, isn't it? There are 365 days in the year, and the weather is different each and every day, why aren't you optimizing your tire grip by putting on tires to suit each and every day's weather? Surely, you have at least 3 sets of tires, right? One for summer, one for winter, and one for the shoulder months, because it's too cool for summer tires, and it's not cold enough for winter tires.

As for the person who spun his car into the barriers on that early season storm in Colorado, even if he had snow tires, do you think he would have put them on? It was EARLY SEASON! Who had snow tires on then? I'm in Maine and I don't even think about putting on my snows until Thanksgiving. Early season snows will melt quickly, and if it's really that bad, everything gets cancelled. Still, what did we all do when there were no AWD cars and snow tires were like rocks, back in the 70s and 80s? We drove slowly.

Reactions: brianman
Some tire shops offer storage.
That is a good idea if you switch for the entire season. But I think I will be swapping back and forth as needed. Wake up and snow on the ground? Bring the winters out and swap them. Once the snow/ice is gone, swap back.

I have an empty corner of the room, I think I can get a nice looking blanket to cover them with and put a lamp on top. Haha

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Have to agree with this.
Also wondering why buy a P3 if ppl are going to neuter it with A/S....

I guess dress to impress not for success...
What? What would you like everyone to do when the temperature is sub 40F/4C - let their tires explode from crackling when it gets in the teens? I can run A/S tires on 20" for 4 months out of the year and not cry about it. IMG_2850.jpg IMG_2848.jpg IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg

Reactions: JackAttack and KenC
I was able to pick up a set of barely used Michelin X-Ice Xi3's on 19" gloss black T-Sportline TST's a couple months ago. Entire set including TPMS for $2k. Looking forward to putting them on this weekend.

Switched over to them yesterday, just in time for the overnight snow of about 3" here. They're definitely a bit louder than the Pilot 4S's, certainly to be expected. They handled the packed snow and ice very well, didn't really go through much loose snow. Not much of a difference in ride quality that I could tell.

Daughter loves the car.....she points out every Tesla on the road, and they're pretty rare here. Proud dad. :cool:

20191111_084133.jpg
20191111_084144.jpg
20191111_085132.jpg

Reactions: JackAttack and KenC
ummm because it's all season.
Like wearing cross trainers to run track.

I guess missing subject matter details is a problem with some...
Unless you are charging your P to 100% you are also missing the point, plus you are never getting the performance you payed for as well. Go ahead and charge to 100% everyday...

Just because I can run fast doesn’t mean I should wear running shoes all the time. There is a time and place for everything.

If you're buying a separate set of wheels there's absolute no reason not to run a dedicated winter tire. I've got Pirelli Sottozero 3s on my car in Colorado, and even with them the car was tail happy this morning on 470.

All seasons are just another word for all compromises. They do nothing well. Don't get cheap with your $60k plus car.

What? What would you like everyone to do when the temperature is sub 40F/4C - let their tires explode from crackling when it gets in the teens? I can run A/S tires on 20" for 4 months out of the year and not cry about it. View attachment 475606 View attachment 475607 View attachment 475609 View attachment 475608
If I got a P3D in a snowy/extreme cold area - I'm putting on dedicated winter tires.

Ask the M.3 owners in Chicago & Wisconsin right now about their first taste of winter & see how many are driving their P3D.

Hey Captain obvious - learn to infer info a little.