Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need suggestions on charging install.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone. Some really helpful advice. I think I've decided that I'm going to do both. I'll install the Tesla wall charger and have them install a 240V. Probably connect the Tesla to the 240V outlet, since I know I can't use the Tesla charger and the 240V at the same time. Will probably be handy to have a 240V in the garage for other things (ie. heater, plug-in lawnmowers, etc...).

Does anyone have any recommendations on adapters to use at non-tesla charging stations? I assume, there are adapters that convert non-Tesla standard to Tesla.

The car comes with one adapter J1772 to Tesla. The only other official adapter is the ChAdaMO to Tesla adapter. There are rumors of a CCS to Tesla adapter from Korea but I doubt it.

Thanks all. I returned my Tesla charger, and just had a guy install a 50A 240V. After reading more about everything, the Tesla charger just didn't seem worth it, as a 50A 240V charges fast enough. Now I just need to wait for the car.

Hopefully this thread helps others that come along the journey!