Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 240v outlet pulling 0 amps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Took delivery of my Tesla march 21. I have been using super charging until last night. Tried wall connector, lights turn sequential green, no charge 0/5. It is receiving 240v however.
I ordered a knockoff adapter for my MC 14-50, it’s coming today. I’ll let everyone know if that solves it.

Thanks for everyone else on here posting with same issue! I was probably going to waste a lot of time otherwise. Hopefully this fixes it.

Reactions: UniversalDrago
Tried wall connector, lights turn sequential green, no charge 0/5. It is receiving 240v however.
So you tried a wall connector, and it still didn't work? The eliminates the mobile connector and plug adapter then.
I ordered a knockoff adapter for my MC 14-50, it’s coming today. I’ll let everyone know if that solves it.
But it can't solve it then, because you already checked and removed that as a variable when you tried the wall connector and it still wouldn't work. That plug adapter isn't used when using a wall connector.

Reactions: UniversalDrago
I am having this same problem now, NEMA 14-50 outlet won't pull any current on 240v plug with 14-50 adapter but works with 110v plug and 5-15 adapter. I went to the tesla service center and surprisingly they said that my cable works fine. My electrician is confidentthere is nothing wrong with the plug but he will come check anyways. I ordered another 14-50 adapter...not else what it could be.

Anyone had Tesla tell them their adapter was good even though it really wasn't?