Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to book a second service request, but can't.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JssonB

This is the way
Jun 4, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I booked a service to have my tires rotated and the B-pilar trim to be reattached. It is only a week out for those to items. I also need my windshield replaced because of a huge crack, but that is a month out. If I book all 3 together, it's a month out for all 3 items. But I need my tires rotated since they are long overdue and I don't want to wait a month.
You can't book a second or separate service for the windshield separately. That's horrible.
Does anyone think it would going into the service center help to book a second service?

I booked a service to have my tires rotated and the B-pilar trim to be reattached. It is only a week out for those to items. I also need my windshield replaced because of a huge crack, but that is a month out. If I book all 3 together, it's a month out for all 3 items. But I need my tires rotated since they are long overdue and I don't want to wait a month.
You can't book a second or separate service for the windshield separately. That's horrible.
Does anyone think it would going into the service center help to book a second service?
Any tire retailer, like Discount Tire, can rotate your tires. And, if your windshield serice is already scheduled, just add a service note about the trim and they will probably add it.

Just FYI, I have had service try to fix B pillar trim twice (after they "fixed" a rattle in the seatbelt adjuster) and both times they failed. It popped back off the next time I closed the door.

The trim on the liftgate is falling off too, after replacing the rear window.

Point is, don'tget your hopes up. Might have better luck fixing it yourself, or taking it to a good body shop.

Seems like once a piece of trim gets removed, it never goes back on right. The clips are apparently single use.

Just FYI, I have had service try to fix B pillar trim twice (after they "fixed" a rattle in the seatbelt adjuster) and both times they failed. It popped back off the next time I closed the door.

The trim on the liftgate is falling off too, after replacing the rear window.

Point is, don'tget your hopes up. Might have better luck fixing it yourself, or taking it to a good body shop.

Seems like once a piece of trim gets removed, it never goes back on right. The clips are apparently single use.
I've read that they are supposed to replace the clips. I will double check before he leaves to see if it's fixed.
Thanks for the warning.

Reactions: OxBrew