Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEEDED: Dimensions from CF Storage Case

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so my 2010 Roadster has the optional $5k Carbon Fiber Hardtop, but no storage case. I want to be able to safely store it, and I figure my local upholstery shop can probably make something for me easily enough. But rather than just re-invent the wheel I figured maybe someone with the storage case can provide me the dimensions W/L/H and which side zipper or snap closure might be on etc.

Clearly I could just measure it myself and give that to him— but if someone with a CF hard top storage case can get that for me, I’d really appreciate it— thank you in advance!

46 x 40 x 7 inches. Zipper around top on 40, 46, 40 sides, hinging on the last 46 side. The carrying handle is in the middle of the 46 x 7 surface on the hinge side. For extra strength there are two straps with plastic latches that would be vertical loops around the case 40, 7, 40, 7.

On the bottom inside is a pocket to hold the cover piece that bolts on at the top of the windshield and four overlapping protective flaps of cloth, two attached at the bottom along the 40 inch sides and two attached at the bottom along the 46 inch sides.

I'd send pictures except that mine is tucked away in a rack above the car.