Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Needs Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am located in VA, I like all Tesla S model but I would prefer 100D, just I need a good deal, I don't want to deal with dealerships, I prefer private seller.

Sounds abit "suspect" to me. People usually don't private party sell their cars for "good deals", they do it to get the max value for their car.

You would probably find the best "deal" at a car dealership that took a Tesla in as a trade. Could also check out currentautomotive.com

THIS.....I was posting USED and people were confused. we ALL know Tesla doesn’t CPO. Their cars but when we use the CPO. Term everyone knows we mean used from Tesla.
The problem is that we all don't know that Tesla doesn't do CPO. Sure, the few of us reading and commenting here know the difference but I'm not worried about us becoming confused. What I am concerned with is people just starting to research Tesla and Tesla used. It's already a confusing enough mine field w/o us intentionally confusing things by intentionally using improper terminology. Moving forward, it's going to be far easier for people new-to-the-party to be able to identify a clear line of delineation from when the CPO program was terminated. I've already read about people buying used cars from Tesla that were upset after the fact because their "CPO" car was clapped out and they took delivery w/o fully inspecting it since that's how Tesla dupes it's customers if they let them. Using the proper terminology for those who don't know what we do seems like the least we can do to help others out.

Sounds abit "suspect" to me. People usually don't private party sell their cars for "good deals", they do it to get the max value for their car.

You would probably find the best "deal" at a car dealership that took a Tesla in as a trade. Could also check out currentautomotive.com
Trying to get this thread back on topic.....

I think you're partially right with that statement. I feel like the used market is a window of both people who are trying to maximize the resale value of their car as well as those who got low-balled on their trade value that are content to get slightly more than that rip-off figure. The majority seems to lie somewhere in between.

What I can add to the conversation is that, about a year or more ago, I could not find a single decent Model S from a 3rd party dealer and I was willing to travel the entire country to find one. Thankfully, each time I found what I thought was a good deal, someone local was able to visually inspect it for me. In each case the car was HORRIBLY misrepresented in numerous and seemingly countless ways. Some were 60's posed as P85D's while others were complete rebuilds at some point with a "clean vehicle report history" which was probably the most common. Be wary of good deals at 3rd party dealerships as they can do some interesting things with pictures and impure intentions.

Trying to get this thread back on topic.....

I think you're partially right with that statement. I feel like the used market is a window of both people who are trying to maximize the resale value of their car as well as those who got low-balled on their trade value that are content to get slightly more than that rip-off figure. The majority seems to lie somewhere in between.

What I can add to the conversation is that, about a year or more ago, I could not find a single decent Model S from a 3rd party dealer and I was willing to travel the entire country to find one. Thankfully, each time I found what I thought was a good deal, someone local was able to visually inspect it for me. In each case the car was HORRIBLY misrepresented in numerous and seemingly countless ways. Some were 60's posed as P85D's while others were complete rebuilds at some point with a "clean vehicle report history" which was probably the most common. Be wary of good deals at 3rd party dealerships as they can do some interesting things with pictures and impure intentions.
My experience was just the opposite. I cancelled my used car order with Tesla for multiple reasons non of which were due to the car I had paid a deposit on.
Two days after cancelling my order thru Tesla I flew to Denver and took delivery from a third party dealer. The car was exactly as described by the sales rep who had eyes on the car had driven it. Actually he under represented it. After I took delivery I discovered features we were unaware of. Like pretty much everything it depends on who you're dealing with.