Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neighboring car change while FWD is open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed the wider arc opening faster than tighter arc (avoidance mode), makes sense since sensors are monitoring, but in the case of closing, a faster door will do more damage especially if someone is in the way. I vote for tightest arc and slower close if that is not already the case. I don't have my car yet but I will be checking these parameters once I get it and possibly making some recommendations if it is still an issue by then.

Hmm. The FW door sensors are pointed at the sky, but you still have the side looking ultrasound at the front and rear of the car. What if it checks before it opens, makes a record, and checks again before it closes the door - and if it sees something new on either sensor (or even something gone?) it defaults to tight arc?

Hmm. The FW door sensors are pointed at the sky, but you still have the side looking ultrasound at the front and rear of the car. What if it checks before it opens, makes a record, and checks again before it closes the door - and if it sees something new on either sensor (or even something gone?) it defaults to tight arc?
Tesla will most likely revisit the sensor positioning on the FWDs more data is needed, they will get it once more cars are out in the wild. It's probably easier to design a rocket that lands on a barge in the middle of the ocean. :)tongue:)

I like this idea.