Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went from Nest to Ecobee because Ecobee had remote temperature sensors and HomeKit compatibility. Worked great for a year, but then Nest released remote sensors too and my Ecobee completely stopped working with HomeKit so I went back to Nest. I like the Nest interface and app better than Ecobee (despite not being compatible with HomeKit). And the Nest is higher resolution and overall just looks more "modern". The app is nicely integrated with NestCam (which I have several of). Plus Nest is part of Google now so I assume it'll be around for a while. So, my vote is for Nest.

Thank you.

QUOTE="commasign, post: 2890692, member: 16070"]I went from Nest to Ecobee because Ecobee had remote temperature sensors and HomeKit compatibility. Worked great for a year, but then Nest released remote sensors too and my Ecobee completely stopped working with HomeKit so I went back to Nest. I like the Nest interface and app better than Ecobee (despite not being compatible with HomeKit). And the Nest is higher resolution and overall just looks more "modern". The app is nicely integrated with NestCam (which I have several of). Plus Nest is part of Google now so I assume it'll be around for a while. So, my vote is for Nest.[/QUOTE]

Recently I've been wishing the powerwall/solar setup would integrate with Nest. I try to setup my thermostat schedule around my TOU rates, but it doesn't always work. I hate when it kicks off 30 minutes before the end of my TOU time when I would have preferred it just wait another 30 minutes before running. This is more helpful because I have a single powerwall, since I guess with 2 powerwalls it wouldn't be an issue. The benefit is there though to be integrated.

Recently I've been wishing the powerwall/solar setup would integrate with Nest. I try to setup my thermostat schedule around my TOU rates, but it doesn't always work. I hate when it kicks off 30 minutes before the end of my TOU time when I would have preferred it just wait another 30 minutes before running. This is more helpful because I have a single powerwall, since I guess with 2 powerwalls it wouldn't be an issue. The benefit is there though to be integrated.

Hmm, I've not had any issues with the Nest starting up the HVAC at the wrong time. Make sure the "Early-On" option is set to OFF? Also, on mine I have Auto-Schedule OFF, Cool to Dry OFF, and Airwave ON. And when I don't want the HVAC to run I use target temperatures beyond reasonable possibility of turning on in my house (e.g. cool to 80 degrees, or heat to 64 degrees).

Reactions: SpudLime
Hmm, I've not had any issues with the Nest starting up the HVAC at the wrong time. Make sure the "Early-On" option is set to OFF? Also, on mine I have Auto-Schedule OFF, Cool to Dry OFF, and Airwave ON. And when I don't want the HVAC to run I use target temperatures beyond reasonable possibility of turning on in my house (e.g. cool to 80 degrees, or heat to 64 degrees).
Yea that's what I'm doing as well, and I have the same settings as you mention. I just see some room for improvement without having to game the system by setting it to cool to 80 instead of 77 (which is what I do now except I use 79). Many times it works, but sometimes it still kicks on and I just don't want to have to micromanage it for it to work every day the same way.

Reactions: commasign