Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nevada Southern (Las Vegas & Henderson)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like our emails back and forth are getting plentiful. Perhaps a group thread for us is starting to make more sense? Also probably better to help find the new Tesla owners in the neighborhood. Subscribe to this thread if you still want the emails.

Ohhh...and have a FANTASTIC dinner tonight!!

Mike :cool::biggrin::scared:

I went to Primm today to check out the CharePoint chargers. The PlugShare map is wrong, the chargers are in front of Whiskey Pete's. The ChargePoint site is correct. It's next to a Chevron station, but across I-15 from the outlet mall. I also drove around the outlet mall parking lot looking for any evidence of a SC being installed, and found nothing. I added the Whiskey Pete's site to both PlugShare and Recargo and added some pictures. Here is the most useful one:

IMG_0807.jpg

There was also some activity where we believe the service center is going to be on Badura. It didn't look like it could be done for the advertised May opening though.

Interesting. What kind of activity is going on? I would bet they are taking space in an existing building in this complex:

6280 W Badura Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89118 - Google Maps

Google doesn't seem to know where 6260 is, but it must be very close to 6280.

Here's a picture of seven Models S at Dom Demarco's on Sunday, June 9. We had a total of 10 cars at our brunch. If you're in the Las Vegas area and aren't a part of our group, you're missing out on fun and informative gatherings! PM me for information.

10811_10201372719349130_150313158_n.jpg

When is the next meet? I dropped by the Tesla Factory and the San Jose store after a track day at Laguna Seca this weekend. I was blown away by the car in the flesh. I was not able to attend the ReFuel event on Sunday however I ran into a Tesla employee that was installing a super charger for the event the Friday before. I would like to meet the group and discuss general ownership questions before I put my deposit down.

When is the next meet? I dropped by the Tesla Factory and the San Jose store after a track day at Laguna Seca this weekend. I was blown away by the car in the flesh. I was not able to attend the ReFuel event on Sunday however I ran into a Tesla employee that was installing a super charger for the event the Friday before. I would like to meet the group and discuss general ownership questions before I put my deposit down.

Looks like Sunday July 14'th at 11:00am...another brunch at Dom Demarco's. I won't be able to attend, but I'm sure many others will be there.

I posted your question on the Vegas area owners' Facebook page. If you would like to join, send me a PM with your email address and I'll get you an invite. We have a group gathering this Sunday at 11:00 at Dom Demarco's for brunch.

Have any of you installed HPWC's yet? I need to get mine installed in my parking garage and I need to find someone who knows what they're doing and preferably has installed an HPWC before.

I have not...I don't have a need for fast charging at home. But I do know a bit about residential electrical and if I were in your shoes I wouldn't worry about finding someone with experience with this particular device. It really is quite simple for a qualified / licensed electrician to handle....tell them where you want your charger installed in the garage and that it needs 100amps of 240 volts. Prepare yourself for the potential need to upgrade your "main" if it can't handle that load though.