Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Never got copies of the trade-in documents or an actual bill of sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I took delivery of a Model 3 on 5/18. I've never received copies of the trade-in documents and I don't think I've ever received an actual bill of sale for the purchase. (I have a couple of "sales agreements" but they don't show a completed sale.) Yes, I've looked at "documents" on the web page and the app. Trying to contact Tesla through the app or the web page hasn't produced results. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? Thanks.

i got the Purchase Agreement Final Price Sheet and that trade in packet they overnight to you with about 6 pages you sign, then take a picture of and email to them to verify everything is good, then overnight the pre paid packet back to them.

demo.png

trade in 3.jpg

Hi all. I took delivery of a Model 3 on 5/18. I've never received copies of the trade-in documents and I don't think I've ever received an actual bill of sale for the purchase. (I have a couple of "sales agreements" but they don't show a completed sale.) Yes, I've looked at "documents" on the web page and the app. Trying to contact Tesla through the app or the web page hasn't produced results. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? Thanks.
Yes, same problem with trade docs for me. Needed for excise abatement. A quick trip to the delivery center and they gave me copies. Odd on the motor vehicle purchase agreement but maybe scanning is backed up.

Happened to me. I went to file an abatement for car excise tax for my previous car and realized I dont have any trade in document. I texted the person who has been texting me with my new car delivery and he sent the document in my email.

Reactions: Skavatar
Happened to me. I went to file an abatement for car excise tax for my previous car and realized I dont have any trade in document. I texted the person who has been texting me with my new car delivery and he sent the document in my email.
Yeah, all my texts from the delivery have "expired," so I don't think that will work for me. I got an email address for the Raleigh delivery center, but they haven't answered two emails so far. I'll keep at it . . .