Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model 3 and iPhone 12 pro max

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
999F9826-393E-4D4B-9163-C2B459DF37BC.jpeg
Do this :D

Reactions: Durzel
Although you were probably joking, I’m actually installing a MagSafe charger in that very spot using double sided tape so that I can use a case. It actually charges much faster than the wireless pad in my Model Y using the same USB-C outlet.
I wasn’t joking haha, I’ve just been through all the hassle of finding an adapter for the usb A port, went through about 5, including a taptes usb hub. Dual purpose for me - wireless charging and stops the phone sliding around (untested so far). Given I have the older car, the charge rate won’t be anywhere near max, but it’s better than nothing

I think the point whoever it was made was that it’s getting wireless charging so why have the space for the cable?

which if you have only wireless chargers makes sense but that isn’t always the case plus the lighting port is also for data and other uses as well as ‘old school’ wired charging so you are all right!

I think the point whoever it was made was that it’s getting wireless charging so why have the space for the cable?

which if you have only wireless chargers makes sense but that isn’t always the case plus the lighting port is also for data and other uses as well as ‘old school’ wired charging so you are all right!
Would same strange to suggest that. Even with apples propriety and annoyingly slow charge port its still quicker and more reliable than wireless.

Also, goes to show that the modern world doesn't see phones as phones. Somewhere in those gaps will be the microphone so you can use the phone to, shock, make phone calls. Its still surprises me that people don't care how good their phone is at phone calls. No review, no press blurbs no features list, ever mentions call quality

The fact that a couple of people have mentioned that the 12 Pro Max charges on the 2020 Tesla wireless charger but only naked (without a case), tells me that the naked phone is getting marginal charging, i.e. will be generating maximum heat and transferring minimum power and is therefore highly undesirable (heat is very bad for the phone's battery). We need someone to make a replacement tray that has the MagSafe cutout. Cost of tray plus £40 for MagSafe adapter, plus probable need for using cigarette lighter to provide sufficient juice = expensive solution.

The fact that a couple of people have mentioned that the 12 Pro Max charges on the 2020 Tesla wireless charger but only naked (without a case), tells me that the naked phone is getting marginal charging, i.e. will be generating maximum heat and transferring minimum power and is therefore highly undesirable (heat is very bad for the phone's battery). We need someone to make a replacement tray that has the MagSafe cutout. Cost of tray plus £40 for MagSafe adapter, plus probable need for using cigarette lighter to provide sufficient juice = expensive solution.
We need nothing of the sort. I keep saying, its ridiculous to think other companies should bend to apple. It seems stupid to me to redesign a cars interior because a consumer electronics manufacturer has decided to design products that don't fit accepted standards.