Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 75D or Showroom (11/17) 100D

Which would you buy?

• New 75D

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Showroom (11/2017) 100D

Votes: 35 77.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The title really says it all. Which would you choose?

The details:
New 75D would obviously come with everything I would choose, and when I price them out they come to around $89k - $90k.

Showroom 100D - 5k miles, old MCU, current one I am looking at doesn't include the PUP, but has leather seats, pearl white, and Autopilot - $91k.

The question is really, would you take a new 75D or take one with some miles and get the larger battery? This is certainly personal, but I am at a standstill. I plan on taking the car on a couple longer trips a year, so the added range would probably be nice, but running it through the abettertripplanner it didn't save a ton of time.

I guess it boils down to which one is more important: longer range or PUP? I have base 75 (RWD) and range is not an issue 99% of the year. For that once a year road trip we make I wish I had a bit more - partially to be able to skip some of the SCs along the way, but also to charge a bit faster. At the same time, there's more and more SCs being installed everywhere, so range should not be an issue as much as it used to.

Is the update to the software on the old MCU bring it close to the performance of the new one?

the new MCU is faster but that doesnt mean the older one is complete junk. it is good enough and gets the job done. youre not going to be using the touchscreen much while driving anyways. if its really a concern to you, id suggest stopping by a service center and playing with both.

the new MCU is faster but that doesnt mean the older one is complete junk. it is good enough and gets the job done. youre not going to be using the touchscreen much while driving anyways. if its really a concern to you, id suggest stopping by a service center and playing with both.
Completely agree. For the functionality related to operating the vehicle there is no difference at all. It is not that the old MCU became obsolete overnight :)

For me if I didn't care about range and only did mostly city driving I'd choose the new 75D. I wouldn't buy a car without the PUP, and I wouldn't buy a brand new car without the new MCU. Much more future-proofing with regards to that.

Additionally, can you imagine how many people have farted on the driver's seat of your showroom car? Can you? The answer is no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damien Sandow
Personally for me not having the PUP would be a deal-breaker. Otherwise I'd totally go for the 100D.

I'm sure some would disagree but for me it is strange for a car in this price range to be bought without the PUP features and you may have a very hard time selling it later without the PUP package as well.

Why don't you ask them to find you an inventory 100D with PUP? I bet it will be around the same price.

Last edited:
Options are similar only major difference is new MCU which is overrated ..get the bigger battery you won’t regret ...I always found my 85 battery lacking and my new 100 is a nice sweet spot

fZTZDmK

What do we think? Did I do well?

Attachments

• 100d.JPG
    100d.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 139
fZTZDmK

What do we think? Did I do well?

Hell yes. You're gonna love it! Of course I might be biased, but I was a 75D buyer who 8 months into it started seriously regretting battery choice….. Ended up driving me nuts and here I am with a 100D, but I don't think you'll regret this decision in the long run.

Between the bigger battery or a more responsive MCU, I'll still gladly pick the bigger battery.