Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New April 2019 Model 3 Trim Comparison

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please see attached for her response. She says affirmative on heated seats for the SR.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190420-115000_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190420-115000_Gmail.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 166
  • Informative
Reactions: Troy
I'd love to get the SR, but I really want to make absolutely sure that it will retain the heated front seats, as I live in Wisconsin and they will be needed in order to keep the cabin temp down and increase winter range. I'm still seeing and hearing conflicting information about the heated seats as every Tesla person I've spoken with, claims that the SR will NOT retain the heated seats once the SR+ downgrade firmware becomes available. I truly hope that the sales sheet scan in the first post of this thread is the real deal from Tesla, but I'm nervous. Does anyone else have any other evidence that they can share about the heated seats???

I'd love to get the SR, but I really want to make absolutely sure that it will retain the heated front seats, as I live in Wisconsin and they will be needed in order to keep the cabin temp down and increase winter range. I'm still seeing and hearing conflicting information about the heated seats as every Tesla person I've spoken with, claims that the SR will NOT retain the heated seats once the SR+ downgrade firmware becomes available. I truly hope that the sales sheet scan in the first post of this thread is the real deal from Tesla, but I'm nervous. Does anyone else have any other evidence that they can share about the heated seats???

If you're worried about cold weather, I would opt for the SR+ anyway. Most people discount the extra 20 miles of range, but in the winter it might make a big difference when your range decreases.

I'd love to get the SR, but I really want to make absolutely sure that it will retain the heated front seats, as I live in Wisconsin and they will be needed in order to keep the cabin temp down.

I called 4 different OA's yesterday (National and Local) and they all said that while the SR may be delivered with the SR+ features enabled, like heated front seats, they all said that heated seats will be Taken Away when the official SR downgrade happens. :(

I called 4 different OA's yesterday (National and Local) and they all said that while the SR may be delivered with the SR+ features enabled, like heated front seats, they all said that heated seats will be Taken Away when the official SR downgrade happens. :(

That is not consistent with the document Tesla released last week updating the features of the SR standard interior.

Tesla's $35,000 Model 3 Standard Range has better interior than originally planned - Teslike.com

They want to do that, I'll buy a heated seated pad and put on them.
It's sad you can't get any solid answers out of them. But they are very helpful before you put your money, after that, not so much helpful from unanswered calls, vm and unanswered emails. Every single email I've sent, I've never gotten an answer. Pretty sad, their customer service sucks and the best part, they don't care. Amazing

That is not consistent with the document Tesla released last week updating the features of the SR standard interior.

Tesla's $35,000 Model 3 Standard Range has better interior than originally planned - Teslike.com

I've looked at that page as well but it is based upon a document that was released before the SR was changed to pleather, etc... I also talked about the document at the beginning of this post, as it looks like an official Tesla flyer, but none of the OA's had seen anything like it. I really hope that heated seats are included, but I'm very skeptical with all of the negative replies that I've received.

I've looked at that page as well but it is based upon a document that was released before the SR was changed to pleather, etc... I also talked about the document at the beginning of this post, as it looks like an official Tesla flyer, but none of the OA's had seen anything like it. I really hope that heated seats are included, but I'm very skeptical with all of the negative replies that I've received.
So the SR has pleather and the SR+ has leather?

The confusion was created by the original poorly written blog announcing the revised SR configuration. It referred to heated seats not being included in the SR because the author of the blog apparently was not aware that SR+ had no heated rear seats but did have heated front seats. So I believe the intent of the comment was to state that SR also would not have heated rear seats, but it was written very poorly.

Others have asked their advisors to confirm that heated front seats are included in the SR configuration and have received a written email confirmation that they are indeed included. I’m confident that SR will give you heated front (but not rear) seats.

As for seating material, SR and SR+ are exactly the same (vegan leather). You can walk down any lot of Tesla inventory vehicles, locate an SR/SR+ vehicle, and tell them you would like to purchase it as an SR or SR+. It’s exactly the same car, but SR will have a few features disabled via software.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read to much into that, as Tesla never has figured out how to properly document and explain the differences. If they really wanted to make that page accurate, they would move the following 2 options to the "All interiors include:" section. Also, the could list the number of speakers (and location) for the Partial Premium, explain how live traffic data (not visualization) is used for navigating, etc...
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones

I wouldn't read to much into that, as Tesla never has figured out how to properly document and explain the differences. If they really wanted to make that page accurate, they would move the following 2 options to the "All interiors include:" section. Also, the could list the number of speakers (and location) for the Partial Premium, explain how live traffic data (not visualization) is used for navigating, etc...
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones

It is all a big mystery. :confused: I remember when I was at the Tesla store the SR came out and it was supposed to have cloth seats? This is one area where the company needs to take a few minutes and publish a detailed trims/specs/options document just like every other auto manufacturer has on their website. Instead we have members of the forum trying to cobble this information together because Tesla does not communicate the details clearly.

Also, I could have sworn the SR+ Partial Premium came with LED Fog Lamps and now it says it doesn't. I mean this can't be that hard.

T M3.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
It is all a big mystery. :confused: I remember when I was at the Tesla store the SR came out and it was supposed to have cloth seats? This is one area where the company needs to take a few minutes and publish a detailed trims/specs/options document just like every other auto manufacturer has on their website. Instead we have members of the forum trying to cobble this information together because Tesla does not communicate the details clearly.

Also, I could have sworn the SR+ Partial Premium came with LED Fog Lamps and now it says it doesn't. I mean this can't be that hard.

View attachment 426532

Huh, that's actually kinda concerning. I can understand Tesla taking away features when they're accidentally assigned. For e.g. some new SR+ owners are getting heated back seats, and those were never promised. But to advertise a feature, deliver it, and later remove it... I'll actually be a bit disgruntled if we lose the LED lamps... We just drove through the mountains of PA yesterday and they were extremely helpful in that dense fog.

The problem with the website is that they have not defined the third category of interior for the SR, which is the Partial Premium Interior minus the immersive sound and fog lamps (and of course 20 miles less range but that’s not an interior feature). People continue to confuse the SR and SR+ interior since it’s not documented anywhere on the web site.

The problem with the website is that they have not defined the third category of interior for the SR, which is the Partial Premium Interior minus the immersive sound and fog lamps (and of course 20 miles less range but that’s not an interior feature). People continue to confuse the SR and SR+ interior since it’s not documented anywhere on the web site.

I hear you but now Partial Premium has no fog lights listed online when it used to. It will be a lot easier if they stop with the partial premium, premium bologna and just list what you get by trim level. It can't be that hard to create a features chart. It is like they are just being lazy or something and no one wants to take the time to create the feature matrix and keep it updated. I have never seen such a thing from a car company.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I hear you but now Partial Premium has no fog lights listed online when it used to. It will be a lot easier if they stop with the partial premium, premium bologna and just list what you get by trim level. It can't be that hard to create a features chart. It is like they are just being lazy or something and no one wants to take the time to create the feature matrix and keep it updated. I have never seen such a thing from a car company.

I wonder if the deletion of fog lights was intentional. If so it means no fog lights even on the SR+. This is the first I have heard of that. They really don’t communicate these things effectively.

I never liked this description either:

• 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats

It makes it sounds like both the front and rear seats are 12 -way power adjustable, which obviously they are not. Tesla has been sloppy with their wording on product descriptions. Someone needs to proofread this stuff before posting it on the website.