TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New bill would allow 15 additional NY Tesla Stores

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by kgclark, Jun 6, 2017.

1. kgclark

kgclark Member

2. favo

favo Model 3 Reservation Holder

I wonder if there are any other laws in the country requiring stores to be built in certain locations in order to be able to sell in that state. Seems ridiculous. In any case, I'm sure Tesla would build some stores upstate anyhow and certainly with service facilities. I suppose having this bill pass is a step forward, but it also reinforces the idea that Tesla somehow should be held hostage to more restrictions than other businesses (or really that car dealers need special protection, unlike any other business).

• Like x 1
  3. calebbender

calebbender New Member

Anyone in NY should contact their legislators and let them know how much this is needed. Please please please let this get approved. Upstate NY really needs it.

4. kgclark

kgclark Member

5. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

That was my first thought too, but depending on how the law is written Tesla might be able to put the first 10 stores anywhere they want.

I noticed that the linked article mentions 6000 Tesla in the state currently, but they did not bother to break down what fraction are upstate.