Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New bill would allow 15 additional NY Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if there are any other laws in the country requiring stores to be built in certain locations in order to be able to sell in that state. Seems ridiculous. In any case, I'm sure Tesla would build some stores upstate anyhow and certainly with service facilities. I suppose having this bill pass is a step forward, but it also reinforces the idea that Tesla somehow should be held hostage to more restrictions than other businesses (or really that car dealers need special protection, unlike any other business).

Reactions: SageBrush
I wonder if there are any other laws in the country requiring stores to be built in certain locations in order to be able to sell in that state. Seems ridiculous. In any case, I'm sure Tesla would build some stores upstate anyhow and certainly with service facilities. I suppose having this bill pass is a step forward, but it also reinforces the idea that Tesla somehow should be held hostage to more restrictions than other businesses (or really that car dealers need special protection, unlike any other business).
That was my first thought too, but depending on how the law is written Tesla might be able to put the first 10 stores anywhere they want.

I noticed that the linked article mentions 6000 Tesla in the state currently, but they did not bother to break down what fraction are upstate.