Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New blended brake feature not present on 2018 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I think it's pretty universally deployed by now - and it's glorious. I see it intervening (gray extension of regen bar) nearly every morning as I go downhill into town and it's remarkably seamless and transparent other than the startlingly firm pedal it presents on those rare occasions when I apply additional braking at the same time. This effect was mentioned in the release notes and certainly makes perfect sense - the pedal isn't actually any firmer but the computer braking has taken all the slop out of the pedal so it feels different at first, and only if both of us are braking simultaneously.

I just picked up my new Tesla yesterday and noticed this in the setting. That's great! We've been saying since 2018 that this would be a useful feature. In the winter, one-pedal driving is a little bit different every day depending how cold it is.

Hey,

I still do not have this in my car. I assumed it was there and turned on but one exceptionally cold day recently I had no regen, so went to turn this on in settings and it's just not there. I'm on the latest 2023 software build.

Model 3 Rear wheel Drive, in UK.

Anybody have any more information on this? Seemingly little information online about it.