Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Bluetooth issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I have a 2021 M3 and since the latest holiday update I'm having an odd issue with bluetooth. My phone is definitely connected to the car since the phone key is working. Both my phone and the car are showing that they are connected to each other. But when a phone call comes in and I answer it via the car, nobody can hear me unless I turn my phone off of Bluetooth and use the handset. Ditto with an outgoing call. It shows up on the display that there's an outgoing call but nobody can hear me until I disconnect via Bluetooth and connect via the handset. I did try a reboot on the system and it did not fix it. Not a huge deal since I don't often use the phone but we are in a hands-free state so I'm not supposed to be physically on my phone while I'm in the car.

Thanks for your input!

This is an old bug that has been discussed in great detail on this forum that resurfaced along with a few other related Bluetooth bugs. The obviously went back to a previous Bluetooth build for some reason since most of these were (finally) corrected at some point this year for several months. If you want more detail you can search and read all about it otherwise you can attempt your hand at reporting it in hopes that they actually fix it sometime next year.

So I did find the thread on the previous bug and they had suggested to adjust the volume when you answer a call and it should solve the issue. Surprisingly it worked at least for now. I'm not exactly sure how to make a bug report but hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.

So I did find the thread on the previous bug and they had suggested to adjust the volume when you answer a call and it should solve the issue. Surprisingly it worked at least for now. I'm not exactly sure how to make a bug report but hopefully this will be fixed in the next update.
I was unaware of that band-aid fix so that's good that you found it and thanks for reporting back. The larger issue for me has been the phantom "resuming" if your last played audio source on your phone when you reconnect via Bluetooth even if you're streaming audio from the car itself already. This has totally screwed up my placement on podcasts, deleted downloaded ones as listened to and even streamed a lot of data in the background if it resumed a podcast that wasn't downloaded on my phone already. Super annoying. No band-aid that I'm aware of for that one other than simply not enabling Bluetooth which isn't an option.