Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Brunswick charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting this Richard!

Any idea of when DC Fast will be coming to the TransCanada in NB?

Hey jaff,

Just to follow up...Stay tuned! Good news are coming today :)

Media Advisory - Minister LeBlanc to Highlight Budget 2017 Investment in Green Infrastructure and Announce Electric Vehicle Project

EDIT: There will be an announcement for Ontario as well!
Minister Carr to Highlight Budget 2017 Investment in Green Infrastructure and Announce Electric Vehicle Project - Canada.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverBrick
Here is the official annoucement: Minister LeBlanc Announces Electric Vehicle Projects in New Brunswick - Canada.ca

"Minister LeBlanc today also announced $335,000 in funding to build 10 new fast-charging stations across New Brunswick, led by NB Power Énergie NB. These projects will give electric vehicle drivers the infrastructure needed to travel New Brunswick roads with greater ease and will provide the tools Canadians need to make cleaner choices in the transportation sector."

Here is the official annoucement: Minister LeBlanc Announces Electric Vehicle Projects in New Brunswick - Canada.ca

"Minister LeBlanc today also announced $335,000 in funding to build 10 new fast-charging stations across New Brunswick, led by NB Power Énergie NB. These projects will give electric vehicle drivers the infrastructure needed to travel New Brunswick roads with greater ease and will provide the tools Canadians need to make cleaner choices in the transportation sector."

Excellent news, thanks for posting!

Regarding Level 1 charging the NB Power website states:
Level 1 Charging
outlet-432.jpeg

120 VOLT - STANDARD OUTLET CHARGING TIME
BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) 11-16 hours
PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) 6-8 hours

A Level 1 charge simply requires a standard 120-volt outlet.
11-16 hours to charge a BEV? That's not true for a Tesla - using Level 1 charging will take 55 hours (assuming 7km of charge per hour) or more to charge a P85 when empty and it could be days more with really cold temperatures and an outdoor charger.

• Informative
Reactions: ThosEM
I certainly hope so. Any DC fast chargers I have seen in Quebec and Ontario have all been combination CCS and ChaDeMo.
I did not want to become excessively euphoric about this most excellent news, although even Canadian FC I have seen was dual CCS/CHAdeMO. Finally I may be using my CHAdeMO adapter again!

Reactions: Jaff
Yes, because there are no CCS adapters for Tesla, and probably will be none for some years. CHAdeMO adapters are readily available and reliable.
What I meant by that was do Tesla owners care whether it is CCS/CHAdeMO or just CHAdeMO - from your response it seems that CCS compatibility doesn't matter to Tesla owners. But I gather that CCS is used by many/most other EV manufacturers.