Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Brunswick charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the sites that are planned? Riverbrick mentioned from Aulac to Edmunston which is absolutely fantastic for traveling from Nova Scotia or PEI. Looks like the days of going through the US are numbered.
The exact placement of the sites haven't been announced yet, but it works out to be one station every ~65km from Edmundston to Aulac.

Yeah, we're heading to PEI in mid August...looks like we'll have to have Plan A & Plan B...fingers crossed that some of the DCFC are installed by the end of July...
I'm heading to PEI for the 5th time since I bought my S a year ago, in about 2 weeks. I'm also crossing my fingers for some fast charging in NB by then! Let me know if you have any questions, L2 or otherwise.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jaff
I'm heading to PEI for the 5th time since I bought my S a year ago, in about 2 weeks. I'm also crossing my fingers for some fast charging in NB by then! Let me know if you have any questions, L2 or otherwise.
I too am headed east to NS in about 2 weeks. I am hoping at least a few might be up and running for the return trip a few weeks after that. If either of us find any new chargers in NB we should let people know here.

Reactions: rypalmer
I asked NB Power about this and here is today's response:

"...we are aiming to have installations completed for the end of July. We have some announcements on specifics of that, including locations coming early July. Stay tuned!"

I called NB power today (before I saw your post).

The helpful lady didn't know for sure when DC fast charging stations will be finished, but she knew of their planned installation, and said she would send my request to the people who might know more, who will allegedly get back to me.

If stations are coming early July, that will make my August trip to the east coast feasible through Canada this summer (as long as there is at least one station not much further east than Woodstock).

But I'm suspicious--how could there be sites operational by early July if they are not yet being built as of June 15th? And if they are under construction now, how is it that no one has seen them yet?

NB Power's web site (Charge your EV) directs people to the CAA web site, which is powered by chargehub, and which shows exactly zero DC fast charging in NB.

But I'm suspicious--how could there be sites operational by early July if they are not yet being built as of June 15th? And if they are under construction now, how is it that no one has seen them yet?

"We have some announcements on specifics of that, including locations coming early July. Stay tuned!

To be honest, I don't fully understand the response they gave me, either.
Which is coming early July, live locations or their announcement of sites that will come later?

There are relatively few EV-aware people in NB, so there easily could be lots of construction going on without anyone noticing. Even in EV-rich BC the Nanaimo Supercharger site wasn't discovered until work was well in progress.

There is an eleventh DCFC planned for NB, outside of the ten NB Power ones. It is at the CF Champlain mall in Dieppe near Moncton.
CADILLAC FAIRVIEW TO LAUNCH NATIONAL ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING PROGRAM

However, I don't think it will be ready anytime soon and they've not yet responded to my request for a time-line.