Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New California car pool laws?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never had an issue with motorcyclists but I can see how it can be a bit nerve wrecking. Tesla autopilot likes to stay in the center and I always feel like they never have enough room to get by
I lane split all the time on my BMW K1300S. It's a big bike but set up well, no bags. I love Teslas on AP, they don't do funny things, no jerking or wandering like some drivers. If all cars are centered in their lanes I have plenty of room to lane split, it's only when the car on the left hugs the right side and the car on the right hugs the left side that I don't have room.
That being said there are exceptions, like construction zones with narrow lanes, semi's and trailers that take up the whole lane.

If you get honked at or rev bombed by motorcyclist while you are centered in the lane they are in the wrong. Probably they have not been riding long and get scared when they "only have 6 inches ". Or it's not you, its the guy in the other lane hugging the line.