Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85d High Voltage Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing write up. I have BMS_u029 error. Gonna drop my 14 module 2013 Model S60 and replace module #9 showing low voltage on one brick. What are people liking for tools to remove the lid? Anyone used an oscilating tool yet? Thanks all!
Gruber has a video showing an oscilating tool. The blade needs a step in it to work correctly. I used the side of a breaker bar which wasn't ideal. Also - I also cut one of the coolant tubes during the lid removal which caused a giant PITA so proceed carefully. Some of the coolant tubes can be right at the union of the lid and the case.

My 2014 was December 2014 but the battery was replaced in Q1-2015. It was a new pack and I'm not sure 'why'. The original owner mentioned it, but I didn't know enough at the time to ask more details.
Nice. In some ways I wish I had more time and a garage to work on the pack my self (have knowledge and skill) but it was almost cheaper to buy a new M3P. I miss the off the line torque the P85D Ludicrous had, but not the fall off after 30 mph.

Apparently after charging to 50% the day before an unrelated Service Appointment (window seal and motor check), battery gave errors on the way to the Service Center then it wouldn't take a charge while it was in their hands and they then told me the battery was shorted. Two banks had 2.7-2.8v probably due to a couple bad cells and drained the battery to 0% within a few days. So odd that I take it in working fine then it wasn't able to drive out. I would have happily converted to a 350v pack, but like I said, shop or garage access is key.

Reactions: hydro