Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New car defects. Does Tesla offer discounts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not received my car yet. It is evident there are numerous production defects in some of the cars. Does Tesla offer any discount or condolence prize if you accept the car. I'm asking because some of these defects appear minor and I would probably accept it if they offer some incentive to offset their poor quality. I got a call back in March that they had a car very similar to the one I ordered and asked if I would accept it. I asked if they offered any discount. The answer was a clear "no". Heck, if they took $20 off I probably would have accepted it.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike and cwerdna
Sometimes they'll have inventory cars available that have discounts. This includes test drive cars, possibly returned and rejected cars.

If you go to pickup a new car, and it has defects, they will not offer any discount for you accepting it.

I've only heard of them doing incentives on standing inventory. My brother bought a Model X demo car with 150 miles on it and they knocked a nice chunk off MSRP.

Outside of that, they don't comp for inconvenience or defects. My buddy went through hell on his Model 3 and escalated all the way to corporate management. At the end, he asked for a T-shirt or Hat for all the trouble - but they told him to f*ck off.

• Funny
Reactions: 2020