TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New center console: Built in or bolt in?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mike K, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Mike K

Mike K Member

Hey guys. Has anyone seen the new center console Tesla is offering? I'm weighing options for upgrades and trying to determine if this is just their standard center console that they're now permanently installing in every car or if this is a true center console that replaces the entire center floor section/ storage area.

Can anyone report? Any pictures?

2. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

Confirmed with SC the new center console will be flush and a complete new center installation.

I want it but I don't want to pay an extra $600.00 over the previous version I ordered.

3. Mike K

Mike K Member

Well that's enticing. I only have the open floor right now so I wonder what that would cost me.

4. Tellotes

Tellotes Member

Just asked this question here Delivery Day!

Also the OP posted some nice pictures of his

5. K_style

K_style Member

I went to Fremont factory for a test drive and drove a latest MS with a center console. since my order was after March whatever mine will have it same.

Asked Tesla about it and was told that it is permanent fixed non-removal thing.

6. Mike K

Mike K Member

Thanks for the responses guys. For anyone curious, the link that Tellotes posted does indeed give really good pictures of the console.