Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm very happy for anyone who has been fortunate enough to receive the invitation to configure their Model 3. I'm just baffled and frustrated by the apparent randomness of the invite order. People who reserved online are receiving their invites before many who stood in line. Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but there was an expectation that those who stood in line would get priority after the employees and owners of other Tesla vehicles. It's particularly frustrating since I live just minutes from the Fremont facilities. Sorry for the rant. At the end of the day, the extra time has allowed me to save a few more ducats for the purchase and probably realize my personal configuration of AWD with blue exterior and white interior since Elon suggests both options are just around the corner. I've waited this long...
The only explanation must be geographical in that either the centers near you are backed up or Tesla wants to spread the cars around the country to appease the general population and, even though Tesla is perhaps the most visible car maker in the country, it never hurts to have more Tesla badges appearing in every corner of the country.

Got my invite on 4/6 too. Owner with reservation only a month ago.
Frustrated since I don't know what happens if you hold up for AWD or SR.
In particular it not possible to figure out the pricing and whether the tax credit will still be available which would be for all of 2018 but not in 2019.
Would not make sense if over 55k to buy AWD and Autopilot.

Last edited:
Got my invite on 4/6 too. Owner with reservation only a month ago.
Frustrated since I don't know what happens if you hold up for AWD or SR.
In particular it not possible to figure out the pricing and whether the tax credit will still be available which would be for all of 2018 but not in 2019.
Would not make sense if over 55k to buy AWD and Autopilot.

There is a phase out period. The credit will exist in some of 2019 it just might be 3750 or 1875.

Keep in mind that Elon tweeted last night that white seats and AWD will not be available until at least July (Elon's guess) and employees and owners will presumably have first crack at those. In light of that, I am leaning towards configuring today.
Also Elon tweeted that he is working on addressing the ordering preference, seemed to indicate he was not aware that online were getting invites before line waiters. Sounds like he is working on fixing that.

Reserved: 3/31 1:15pm MT. Denver, CO (non-owner)
Received Invite to Configure: 4/6 3:30PM MT.
Ordered: 4/6 4:15pm MT.
VIN: Not Yet Assigned
Delivery Estimate: “Mar-May 2018”

I happened to login to my account around 2:30pm MT and found I was able to configure...about an hour before I received the email.

Reactions: Zaxxon
I'm pretty excited. I just registered with TMC a few minutes ago because I finally have a reason to be on these boards. By chance, I decided to check my status this Friday over lunch. To my complete surprise, I finally had the message I have been waiting for for two years. So Friday night, glass of wine in hand, I submitted my order for my First ProductionModel 3 in Midnight Silver with 19" sport wheels and enhanced AP upgrades.

Non-owner, online reservation basically as soon as I could get theough on 3/31/16. I might(?) end up with the first M3 in the Omaha area. I haven't seen any yet, beyond the truckloads of Teslas I have to watch trundling eastbound on I-80 during my commute.

Wish you were a non owner so I could have a chance in a couple of weeks but you’re clearly an owner haha
Yes, ordered through family member. I have another reservation that is estimated May-July. I ordered that one on 3/31/16, online. I wish I knew the exact time, but I’m guessing 6 or 7 pm. Still haven’t received that invite to configure. Not sure what I’ll do with it yet. May defer until AWD is out, then look at options.

GeoMetro -- just having a bit of fun on a rainy saturday. No I did not get to configure and just figured I would take a break from checking for configuration notice every hour. :)
Shrike got it!!!! and is now working with me on tribal lore to advance our order in the obscure Tesla configuration Lottery.
Striving for a bit of fun in the now 2 year slog to the finish line... Also hoping our current ICE car will not give out before our M3.
(we talk quietly in the garage so it does not know we are sending it to the Knacker after 20 good years. But the massive wiring job was hard to hide and the Vett feigned battery issues and is now on the rehab charger... ICE cars do still sense things. :) )

Stamping feet and posting in this thread worked !!!!!!!! config 4-10 Next step is gathering leaves and bones and dancing around the fire..
Wooopie

Reactions: Blue in NC
When people put in the delivery location, did you put in your home ZIP code, or the zip code of a delivery center where you wanted the car to go?

I put in my home ZIP, but now I am wondering if I should have put in the ZIP for the Fremont delivery center instead...