Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And just like that I lost my VIN already. I got a call from the ISA and he mentioned delivery in Brooklyn, NY and I said I was ok with that but he had some stipulations that I could not own property nor work in New York, and I work in New York so he said a new VIN would have to be re-assigned since the current VIN was being routed to Brooklyn, NY specifically and I did not qualify.

I don't understand when my registration address was NJ and the delivery address was NJ, why they went ahead and assigned me a VIN in NY only to take it away from me? I am beyond disappointed right now, after waiting so many months for configuration and then many weeks for a VIN, that I am thrown back into waiting for a VIN.

Finally VINdicated! Could not believe my eyes and felt a slight tremble if excitement rush through me.

Reserved: 03/31/16 in line 1 PM
Invited to configure: 04/06/18
Configured: 04/07/18 7 AM
VIN: 5/9/18 186xx (low but I’m not complaining... yet )
Black Aero EAP PUP
Did your advisor give you a date for pickup yet? Got my Vin today as well and mine said that we won't have a date for a few days. Are you financing? Which bank/credit Union are you going with?

Haven't found any great financing deals in NJ.

Did your advisor give you a date for pickup yet? Got my Vin today as well and mine said that we won't have a date for a few days. Are you financing? Which bank/credit Union are you going with?

Haven't found any great financing deals in NJ.

No date set yet, he will apparently know better in a few days. I am looking to my credit union - United Teletech - for financing. I have been looking around as well and have come up mostly empty handed for any great financing deals in NJ. I see that banks in CT and PA are promoting some low interest loans for EV buyers but everything in NJ is around 3% in the least.

What store will you be picking up from? Paramus?i presume our cars will be on the same truck.

And just like that I lost my VIN already. I got a call from the ISA and he mentioned delivery in Brooklyn, NY and I said I was ok with that but he had some stipulations that I could not own property nor work in New York, and I work in New York so he said a new VIN would have to be re-assigned since the current VIN was being routed to Brooklyn, NY specifically and I did not qualify.

I don't understand when my registration address was NJ and the delivery address was NJ, why they went ahead and assigned me a VIN in NY only to take it away from me? I am beyond disappointed right now, after waiting so many months for configuration and then many weeks for a VIN, that I am thrown back into waiting for a VIN.

Cannot edit my old post but just wanted to update that I was already reassigned a new VIN within hours. I had no faith in the reassignment based on some other members experiences here but they definitely made it right by me and I am a happy camper once again. VIN not too far off at 187xx. They said it has been happening a lot with buyers that live close to the state border with a store on the other side that is geographically closer so I presume other members may face a similar situation and I just wanted to share my positive experience as a sign of hope. Lesson - if you know the store you would like to take delivery of, use their local zip code, not your home code.

No date set yet, he will apparently know better in a few days. I am looking to my credit union - United Teletech - for financing. I have been looking around as well and have come up mostly empty handed for any great financing deals in NJ. I see that banks in CT and PA are promoting some low interest loans for EV buyers but everything in NJ is around 3% in the least.

What store will you be picking up from? Paramus?i presume our cars will be on the same truck.
Paramus. Hopefully we can get our car in the next 3-4 weeks.

VIN! In the last hour, because I had developed enough self control to only check once an hour...

Online day 1 pre-reveal res, 10:26PM Eastern
Invited 4/6/18
Configured 4/7/18
VIN today, 208XX
Delivery TBD.

Black/Aero/EAP

Off to updated both the website and the spreadsheet since mom and dad ignore each other now after the divorce.

Edit: Can't forget to submit to Bloomberg

The website latest VIN section proved to be very useful insite into when I was coming up.

I was a 4/6 invitee. Configured 4/7.
VINed 5/2.
Today:
IMG_20180510_164730.jpg

After I got my VIN in the morning, I got an email the same day from my ISA right before lunchtime. I have one of the higher VINs at the moment and I live on the East Coast so I think it'll be a while before I get delivery.

After I got my VIN in the morning, I got an email the same day from my ISA right before lunchtime. I have one of the higher VINs at the moment and I live on the East Coast so I think it'll be a while before I get delivery.

Not sure a lower VIN stands a better chance. My VIN is 187xx and I thought it was possibly a reject but I’m being told by my ISA that the car has not even been produced yet. I was surprised to hear that. Does that mean they are not producing the VINs in numeric sequence?

I am on the east coast as well and I estimate at least 3 weeks for it to be produced and shipped to the east coast and set up for delivery.

Not sure a lower VIN stands a better chance. My VIN is 187xx and I thought it was possibly a reject but I’m being told by my ISA that the car has not even been produced yet. I was surprised to hear that. Does that mean they are not producing the VINs in numeric sequence?

I am on the east coast as well and I estimate at least 3 weeks for it to be produced and shipped to the east coast and set up for delivery.
They are definitely not produced in order.

I’ve been told that my 219xx hasn’t made it out of the production line yet. So yes not in order.

That is what mine said as well. I am in NJ and my ISA is in Brooklyn. Wonder how long it will take...

Has my ISA returned my email yet? No.

Come on man, it's been 19 hours! Just give me my delivery date. I'll totally be able to handle the anticipation then!