Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Configuration Invites 4/6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NJ delivery, my ISA said that mine does not have a delivery date yet.

I just got a call from my ISA to schedule my delivery - 05/28 in Paramus, NJ. I did not know they delivered on Memorial Day but almost 7.5 weeks from Invite to Delivery - not the worst considering my first VIN was lost and I had to get a second VIN reassigned. It is finally feeling real now, although the next two weeks will still be tough!

Time to get cracking with my insurance/loan documents.

Last edited:
Talked with my ISA yesterday. He has me scheduled for delivery in Indy on June 5th, but made it sound like that date could move up!? Anyone else have a "tentative date? CU is ready and waiting for a retail sales form, but ISA said they usually don't have that until a week before delivery. He's going to try to expedite since I'm 3rd party (FPCU). Sound familiar to anyone else?

Talked with my ISA yesterday. He has me scheduled for delivery in Indy on June 5th, but made it sound like that date could move up!? Anyone else have a "tentative date? CU is ready and waiting for a retail sales form, but ISA said they usually don't have that until a week before delivery. He's going to try to expedite since I'm 3rd party (FPCU). Sound familiar to anyone else?

Yes - the CU will want the actual final contract, not the Pro Forma MVPA since it can still be changed if you change your mind about some features lets say. The final contract gets generated one week before delivery by their system automagically I presume.

In my case, delivery is on the 28th so the contract will be generated on the 21st. I got the process started with my CU (credit checks, pre-approval/paperwork, rate quote, etc.) and they are ok waiting until the 21st for the final contract since they will officially close the loan with me on the 22nd and hand me the checks made out for the vehicle then. I did not really ask for it to be expedited so I don't know how that works, I am sure it is possible with some approvals if needed.

I did not personally think there was a reason to expedite because it is a credit union that I am a member of and things move pretty fast due to less bureaucracy than big name banks. Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Butane
Yes - the CU will want the actual final contract, not the Pro Forma MVPA since it can still be changed if you change your mind about some features lets say. The final contract gets generated one week before delivery by their system automagically I presume.

In my case, delivery is on the 28th so the contract will be generated on the 21st. I got the process started with my CU (credit checks, pre-approval/paperwork, rate quote, etc.) and they are ok waiting until the 21st for the final contract since they will officially close the loan with me on the 22nd and hand me the checks made out for the vehicle then. I did not really ask for it to be expedited so I don't know how that works, I am sure it is possible with some approvals if needed.

I did not personally think there was a reason to expedite because it is a credit union that I am a member of and things move pretty fast due to less bureaucracy than big name banks. Good luck!
Thanks. To be clear, my ISA put forward the expediting idea. Made me worried a bit that there's issues with 3rd party loans. My CU has told me not to worry too, so I guess I won't then!

I just got a call from my ISA to schedule my delivery - 05/28 in Paramus, NJ. I did not know they delivered on Memorial Day but almost 7.5 weeks from Invite to Delivery - not the worst considering my first VIN was lost and I had to get a second VIN reassigned. It is finally feeling real now, although the next two weeks will still be tough!

Time to get cracking with my insurance/loan documents.

I too am picking up in Paramus but my Isa (Michael in Brooklyn) does not have an estimate yet. Which credit Union/what rate are you getting?

Picked up my Aero Model 3 today in Las Vegas!

Invited / configured 4/6, build was roughly May 4th.

Fit and condition are good. Some small blemishes w/ the paint here and there we will eventually take it back for.

To note, I was a 3/31 online, non-owner, deposit. I was surprised to receive the red die-cast in the glove box!!! Though that was only for i-store folks.

I too am picking up in Paramus but my Isa (Michael in Brooklyn) does not have an estimate yet. Which credit Union/what rate are you getting?

What a co-incidence - that’s my ISA too, I feel like he is pretty good with communication and if he tells you he will call on a certain day with an update, he is on par. I have had no problems reaching him over the phone for any questions either. I hope that your car is on the same shipment and you get scheduled for around the same timeframe. I went with United Teletech Credit Union and am getting a 2.48% rate for a 48 month loan. It’s 2.63% for a 60 or 66 month loan but I prefer the 48 month duration. What kinda rates are you seeing around? I was hoping for a 1.5-2% range but I don’t see that happening without a fight somewhere.

I have a tentative delivery date of May 25 in Raleigh (early afternoon) also although my ISA (Dana) cautioned that there was a chance that the car would not be ready.

Yeah, Dana and I have been working through delivery dates. It's a little annoying that our service center is open until 6, but they can't do appointments after 4 (apparently). She finally offered a 5/28 (Memorial Day) appointment, so I'm scheduled for that right now.

Your car might actually be here btw. As I was getting on 40 this morning, there was a carrier full of 8 model 3s (all aero) headed in the direction of the SC. There was at least 1 blue on it. No MSM, so not my car.

Reactions: Blue in NC
Yeah, Dana and I have been working through delivery dates. It's a little annoying that our service center is open until 6, but they can't do appointments after 4 (apparently). She finally offered a 5/28 (Memorial Day) appointment, so I'm scheduled for that right now.

Your car might actually be here btw. As I was getting on 40 this morning, there was a carrier full of 8 model 3s (all aero) headed in the direction of the SC. There was at least 1 blue on it. No MSM, so not my car.

Hmm. Looks like I may take a detour on the way home. :)
I think I am going to move my delivery to 5/29 or 5/30 because I would be in a rush that day.
Then again, if you are right and I see the car sitting there, not sure I will be able to wait.

I think I am going to move my delivery to 5/29 or 5/30 because I would be in a rush that day.
Then again, if you are right and I see the car sitting there, not sure I will be able to wait.
Then again, if you are right and I see the car sitting there, not sure I will be able to wait.[/QUOTE

I'm so upset. Two days ago they brought my delivery in by 2 weeks and tonight I log into my account and my VIN was replaced by my reservation number. Guess it's back to square one for me.

I'm missing my VIN now too, though my delivery still shows up as scheduled (12 days away).

In the other VIN disappeared? thread in early April, it seems that some people received new VINs while others had their VIN missing attributed to a glitch. There weren't many follow-ups in the thread so it's hard to say what the typical outcome is.

I'll likely follow up with my ISA tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Blue in NC
Line waiter, non-owner. 2 early afternoon reservations in Colorado. Both opened up for invite on 4/6. Ordered 1 for now ..
Delivered today! Super happy! Spent the evening just driving :D Put 200 miles on it today. AP started working at about 25 miles.

Very minor scratch on the rear bumper. They pointed it out to me or I probably wouldn't have noticed it. I don't think I'm going to risk a bad paint job from the body shop over it. There was a spot on the front spoiler that needed some detail work but it looks good after they touched it up.

Otherwise the delivery was smooth & pleasant. Very friendly staff at the SC.