TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

VIN disappeared?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by oripaamoni, Apr 4, 2018.

1. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

I pick up on Monday, already got the financing done through Tesla and paid my downpayment. My "manage" page says "Your Model 3 is fully paid" at the bottom. Randomly logged in tonight and all references to my VIN are gone, RN number is now in its place. Anybody experience this?

2. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

It's Tesla's new "Buy 2, Get 1" special. :p

In all seriousness, this sounds like a temporary glitch. It's not uncommon to see inaccurate data every once in a while. There were times when both of my reservations disappeared from my account but then came back later.

3. TheRealM3

TheRealM3 Member

My VIN disappeared also.

4. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Same thing happened to me, I’m hoping it’s a server issue. I’m supposed to pickup tomorrow! I called tesla and my ISA is going to get back to me. If it’s multiple people then I’m thinking it must be server related.

5. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Curious what your config and where you are picking up from? I hope it’s not the same batch that is affected.

I’m blue aero picking up from fremont.

6. goto10

goto10 Member

I've seen a few cases in the past week of people getting a VIN and then being told the VIN was going to another destination and that they would get another VIN. I don't know if this is related but it sounds like Tesla is working out some kinks in their distribution with a record number of cars in transit.

7. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Even with a delivery date assigned though and a signed copy of the purchase agreement with tesla on the vin?

8. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

Also with the loan already wired, that part would have to be unwound as well because of the VIN attached to the loan right.

9. goto10

goto10 Member

Yeah, that sounds like big mess to fix. I have no idea if it's a related situation. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch in software.

10. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

I am white with aero so different config, seem like it happened to a bunch of us, bet its just a glitch.

11. pipplo

pipplo Member

Same thing happened here to red aero config.

12. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

was about to call my ISA too, I will wait to hear what your ISA tells you.

13. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

He doesn’t know and hasn’t seen this issue before lol. So he said unless I hear otherwise my delivery is still on track for tomorrow. He said in cases where the VIN is swapped they find you a different car ASAP and that he finds out before we do... so he said this shouldn’t be that case.

Prob just a glitch.

14. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

Ok sweet, thanks for the update!

15. jasonmason

jasonmason Member

reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George get's a mole checked out and the doctors like "I've never seen this before", and George is like "NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE???" lol.

• Funny x 1
  16. dckiwi

dckiwi Member

Same thing just happened to me. My confirmed delivery date (4/27) is still listed.

17. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

haha thats great, Actually been going through Seinfeld start to finish and just rewatched that one last week!

18. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

Ok, now I am convinced it is just some glitch, no way this many people are getting cars reassigned across so many locations.

19. oripaamoni

oripaamoni Member

Bad news for me, hope yours is different, just got a call from my ISA and he said they need to get me a different car and he doesn't know when that will be....

20. dckiwi

dckiwi Member

I just talked to my ISA. She said I am indeed having a different car assigned to me because the one that was originally assigned to me wouldn't make it in time for my 4/27 delivery.

So I don't think this is just a glitch. But I can't imagine how they're doing this for people with loans or delivery dates coming up soon.