Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN disappeared?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up on Monday, already got the financing done through Tesla and paid my downpayment. My "manage" page says "Your Model 3 is fully paid" at the bottom. Randomly logged in tonight and all references to my VIN are gone, RN number is now in its place. Anybody experience this?

Same thing happened to me, I’m hoping it’s a server issue. I’m supposed to pickup tomorrow! I called tesla and my ISA is going to get back to me. If it’s multiple people then I’m thinking it must be server related.

I've seen a few cases in the past week of people getting a VIN and then being told the VIN was going to another destination and that they would get another VIN. I don't know if this is related but it sounds like Tesla is working out some kinks in their distribution with a record number of cars in transit.

He doesn’t know and hasn’t seen this issue before lol. So he said unless I hear otherwise my delivery is still on track for tomorrow. He said in cases where the VIN is swapped they find you a different car ASAP and that he finds out before we do... so he said this shouldn’t be that case.

Prob just a glitch.

I pick up on Monday, already got the financing done through Tesla and paid my downpayment. My "manage" page says "Your Model 3 is fully paid" at the bottom. Randomly logged in tonight and all references to my VIN are gone, RN number is now in its place. Anybody experience this?

Same thing just happened to me. My confirmed delivery date (4/27) is still listed.

Bad news for me, hope yours is different, just got a call from my ISA and he said they need to get me a different car and he doesn't know when that will be....

I just talked to my ISA. She said I am indeed having a different car assigned to me because the one that was originally assigned to me wouldn't make it in time for my 4/27 delivery.

So I don't think this is just a glitch. But I can't imagine how they're doing this for people with loans or delivery dates coming up soon.