Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Custom Door Courtesy Light Mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewTMSMan

Aug 21, 2017
USA
Cool inexpensive and easy mod for the door courtesy lights, looks really cool I think:

2e201gw.jpg

Reactions: Fiddler and b00st3d
Yes, the ones on Amazon. Just in the way of warning as they do not come with instructions, if it seems like the wiring connection is difficult to connect you need to use the additional connector wiring they provide. Took about 2 weeks for mine to arrive, I got the red version for my S as well.

Looks like you're talking about these: http://amzn.to/2xLDVu2

They say they're "Prime" products, though, so shouldn't they arrive in 2 days?

They do look pretty nice. Hmmmmm.... :)

Ahhh you must be an Amazon noob ;). Many products now listed as Prime and ship from China or Hong Kong and have long delivery times. Throw it in your cart and take a look at the delivery time proposed.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mjølner
Interesting how all the other cars are $12.89 and the Tesla ones are $46.99 :(

Yeah, Tesla owners are rich and don't mind paying 4x the already-profitable cost. Gets old, eh?

I went looking for them on Amazon since that's what was being discussed here. I'll bet you can find them cheaper on eBay, though shipping might not be as fast. Convenience costs, I guess!

Reactions: NewTMSMan
Ahhh you must be an Amazon noob ;). Many products now listed as Prime and ship from China or Hong Kong and have long delivery times. Throw it in your cart and take a look at the delivery time proposed.

Not an Amazon noob: I live rural, so they get a LARGE portion of my non-grocery purchases. (And I'm a long-time AMZN stockholder -- just wish I had bought more!)

But indeed I didn't think of that. Thanks for the gentle reminder!

I am no Amazon noob and have been with Prime since forever. If it says Prime eligible it's free 2-days shipping. I just added it to the cart and it shows delivery 10/20 if I order now. You may have confused Amazon-fulfilled vs 3rd party sellers.