Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery 03.22.2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery March 22! Pretty much a flawless build. Super happy. Dreaded what to expect the week before. Ordered on a Friday morning March 12 at 4:00am - had all the paperwork and details worked out by 4:00 pm the same afternoon. I waited until the President signed the stimulus bill.

Order Date: 3/12
VIN: 1403XX
Build date: March 2021
Color: Red
New Console: Y
Heated Steering Wheel: Y
New Headlights: N
Double Pane Glass: Y

Was told that the new headlights were only installed on the Performance model -- for now.

A couple of minor issues on the way home from Salt Lake City:
Heat would not work - nearly froze - temp in the mid 30's.
Passenger Lumbar support didn't work.

NOTE: Submitted Service request on 03.29.21
Tesla got back to me and arranged to have the car transported to Spokane from my home in Montana.
They received the car Tuesday evening, and worked on it Wednesday. Got a note on Thursday morning that it was finished.
The service center in Spokane contacted me again that afternoon and arranged to send the car back to me.
Car arrived back at my home on Friday evening 04.02.21 by the tow company.
The two issues were fixed, and I'm a HAPPY camper!
I think that Tesla went ABOVE and BEYOND to take care of me.
Super friendly communication! I even managed to talk on the phone with the service department.

Thank you for your post and confidence builder with Tesla service. I have seen a few other posts and videos to the contrary. You mentioned ordering after President signed stimulus bill? Does that, combined with recent infrastructure bill and 2021 clean act prop give you confidence of the $7500 tax credit? I ask because I am on the fence with ordering MY now, or giving it another month or so. Recent reads have also led me to believe that Tesla may increase prices if bill passes, but merely opinions and not biblical. If you or anybody else reading have additional info, I’d very much appreciate hearing back. Thanks again!

No you will not get the 7,500 tax credit but I am confident I will get a $7,000 tax credit come the end of the year. After Biden assigned the stimulus package Tesla did raise their prices of the model y by $1,000 the next morning. So in essence I still get the car for $6,000 less than the retail price. I also installed a wall charger today and expect to get 1/3 of the cost back at tax time. There is an incentive for installing home chargers.

Took delivery March 22! Pretty much a flawless build. Super happy. Dreaded what to expect the week before. Ordered on a Friday morning March 12 at 4:00am - had all the paperwork and details worked out by 4:00 pm the same afternoon. I waited until the President signed the stimulus bill.

Order Date: 3/12
VIN: 1403XX
Build date: March 2021
Color: Red
New Console: Y
Heated Steering Wheel: Y
New Headlights: N
Double Pane Glass: Y

Was told that the new headlights were only installed on the Performance model -- for now.

A couple of minor issues on the way home from Salt Lake City:
Heat would not work - nearly froze - temp in the mid 30's.
Passenger Lumbar support didn't work.

NOTE: Submitted Service request on 03.29.21
Tesla got back to me and arranged to have the car transported to Spokane from my home in Montana.
They received the car Tuesday evening, and worked on it Wednesday. Got a note on Thursday morning that it was finished.
The service center in Spokane contacted me again that afternoon and arranged to send the car back to me.
Car arrived back at my home on Friday evening 04.02.21 by the tow company.
The two issues were fixed, and I'm a HAPPY camper!
I think that Tesla went ABOVE and BEYOND to take care of me.
Super friendly communication! I even managed to talk on the phone with the service department.
Congrats and thanks for sharing the great news about Tesla after sales service. This gives customers like me more confidence in our recent purchase.

andaconda: Excellent report on good service. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to TMC, lots of good information here. FYI: You didn't install a "wall charger." You installed an EVSE (electric vehicle service equipment). The charger is built into every EV, the EVSE simply controls power from your house to the car.

andaconda: Excellent report on good service. Thanks for posting.

Welcome to TMC, lots of good information here. FYI: You didn't install a "wall charger." You installed an EVSE (electric vehicle service equipment). The charger is built into every EV, the EVSE simply controls power from your house to the car.
Ya, I guess you're right.... its called the Tesla Wall Connector. And best of all it qualifies for the tax credit HERE

On a side note:
Yesterday I discovered the one of the front hubcaps got scuffed up by the strap that was holding it to the flat bed tow truck. Some of the finish was completely off. I sent a photo to Tesla service. They apologized for the damage (which wasn't their fault

On a side note:
Yesterday I discovered the one of the front hubcaps got scuffed up by the strap that was holding it to the flat bed tow truck. Some of the finish was completely rubbed off. I sent a photo to Tesla service. They apologized for the damage (which wasn't their fault,) and will be sending me a new cover. Once again "ABOVE and BEYOND!" I couldn't be happier!