Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery - missing close windows on lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same with my dad's Model Y picked up yesterday, I was setting up all the ideal settings and had to find this thread to understand why Windows Close on Lock was missing. Not a big deal, I just always enjoy watching the the windows close together on the MS.

I got a 2023 MYLR on 11/4 running 2022.28.300 and no close windows on lock option. Our 2021 MYLR has always had the option including with 2022.28.2 and now with 2022.36.6. I'm wondering if the new one is even being blocked from 2022.36 until they release a "no windows close on lock" version? Wish there was even a little clarity from Tesla on this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221106_120552.jpg
    Screenshot_20221106_120552.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 99
They took it out for the safety recall. They need to just put a close windows separately on the App.
It's the same problem. A car with this disabled, like mine, if you leave the windows open then the app can warn you with an option to close them which promptly fails with an error message. If they can safely close from the app, they could safely close when it locks.

But I'm just really hoping that cars like mine aren't being deprioritized from firmware updates because they have to craft a specific update for "recall fixed" cars. (I love the new energy charts in 2022.36 and I'm annoyed I lost out with the new car!). And it looks like almost all "normal" cars are already on 2022.36 or even 40.

Hi, I just picked up my new Model Y and it is missing a feature I've had on the Model 3 for awhile. Close windows on lock. Does anyone else have this issue? 2022.23.101.2
Yes and it’s super frustrating. Just picked up a new model 3 and windows don’t close when I leave vehicle like our other model 3. Spent hours trying to figure out what was going on after leaving windows open in sketchy neighborhoods. Really just wondering what’s going on and when Tesla is going to fix w update.

My Acura which is going to Tesla in trade for model 3 has always has a similar safety feature.

You can hold down the unlock button on the key fob to open all the windows. No issues.
closing the windows requires physically being at the car and holding the key in the lock turned

This is so nobody gets stuck or hurt.

They took the f7nction out and I’m sure they are working on some sort of fix Or compromise.
in reality I’ve never had an issue closing my windows before getting out of any car. It’s just nice to have this feature.

I took delivery of MYLR on 9/24/22, the car is also missing the Close Windows on Lock option, and also missing the Vent option in the app. I do have another MYLR that I took delivery in Jan and still got the options.

I am not sure if there are parts missing on the newer build cuz the supply shortage? Or removed from the new cars...
Does the model y that you took delivery of in January have the Intel Atom processor or the AMD Ryzen?

Thanks for the post. I can see why Federal Motor Vehicle Safety has concern with that feature as a parent may roll down the windows for a quick duck inside a store while they have a sleeping toddler in the car and the Tesla auto-locks the car because the parent's phone is on his/her person. There is a DOG mode somewhere, but no CHILD mode that I remember.

Thanks for the post. I can see why Federal Motor Vehicle Safety has concern with that feature as a parent may roll down the windows for a quick duck inside a store while they have a sleeping toddler in the car and the Tesla auto-locks the car because the parent's phone is on his/her person. There is a DOG mode somewhere, but no CHILD mode that I remember.
Use camp mode and manually lock the car. Or dog mode with the kid. Or keep mode. So many options. Plus cabin overheat protection kicks in if the temperature gets too high. Either of these are safer as the windows are closed and vehicle locked so no one can get into the car.

Use camp mode and manually lock the car. Or dog mode with the kid. Or keep mode. So many options. Plus cabin overheat protection kicks in if the temperature gets too high. Either of these are safer as the windows are closed and vehicle locked so no one can get into the car.
Even if this works, in California and some other states, you're going to jail. In Utah: Allowed unless the child suffers heat stroke, hypothermia or dehydration

Source: Is it illegal to leave your kid in a car? | finder.com
Analysis conducted by finder.com

In Washington: Not allowed if car is on or if driver is at a bar or tavern