Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery - missing close windows on lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird...
20220924_165859.jpg

My 2022 Y never had close windows if car is locked. Got cat late 12/2021.
I now see the close windows when car locks feature is mentioned in the manual. Perhaps tesla will bring it back. Wonder if the feature was hidden due to the latest bulletin about chances of windows not sensing obstructions quick enough. This will be fixxed via software update.
From manual:
“You can also enable Close Windows on Lock by touching Controls > Locks > Close Windows on Lock. When enabled, your vehicle automatically closes the windows when Model Y locks.”

Reactions: Iflyair1az
I now see the close windows when car locks feature is mentioned in the manual. Perhaps tesla will bring it back. Wonder if the feature was hidden due to the latest bulletin about chances of windows not sensing obstructions quick enough. This will be fixxed via software update.
From manual:
“You can also enable Close Windows on Lock by touching Controls > Locks > Close Windows on Lock. When enabled, your vehicle automatically closes the windows when Model Y locks.”
did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I took delivery of MYLR on 9/24/22, the car is also missing the Close Windows on Lock option, and also missing the Vent option in the app. I do have another MYLR that I took delivery in Jan and still got the options.

I am not sure if there are parts missing on the newer build cuz the supply shortage? Or removed from the new cars...

The feature could have been removed urgently from the current delivery firmware to establish a definitive end date (chassis number) for the recall. The remaining cars (and associated OTA updates) could then be worked at a later date - but at least the size of the impacted fleet is no longer growing.

I believe they removed the feature due to the window "recall".

Of course, I never had any issues with my windows prior to the "fix" and now after the update, my windows automatically roll back down every other time thanks to "Phantom Limbs" in the window...

I was wondering why I didn’t have this feature on my Model S and thought it was an automatic feature. I reached out to Tesla to ask why it the windows was closing and was told become it’s a new vehicle delivery. There will be another update to enable this feature fairly soon.

I picked up a MY in mid-Sept, am on 2022.23.101 which is a "factory hold" firmware and don't have the button either.

Tesla has such poor communications that if they'd simply let people know what a factory hold version is and that the windows will or won't be included in a future update - it would save a lot of negative PR and hate.

Just tell us if the window close on lock is 1) being removed permanently 2) temporarily removed until the resistance of the motors can be revised through software or 3) restricted only on the factory hold firmware and will be available in the new firmware release

Is anyone on 2022.28.2 and NOT have the button? Wondering if people are losing the button or if the firmware is adjusting the motors to comply with the standards. Window close on lock was really awesome - just put it in park and leave (sometimes didn't even put it in park).

I picked up a MY in mid-Sept, am on 2022.23.101 which is a "factory hold" firmware and don't have the button either.

Tesla has such poor communications that if they'd simply let people know what a factory hold version is and that the windows will or won't be included in a future update - it would save a lot of negative PR and hate.

Just tell us if the window close on lock is 1) being removed permanently 2) temporarily removed until the resistance of the motors can be revised through software or 3) restricted only on the factory hold firmware and will be available in the new firmware release

Is anyone on 2022.28.2 and NOT have the button? Wondering if people are losing the button or if the firmware is adjusting the motors to comply with the standards. Window close on lock was really awesome - just put it in park and leave (sometimes didn't even put it in park).
Got a new delivery about 2 weeks ago and yesterday I just got the 2022.28.200 update. Unfortunately, the Close Windows on Lock feature is still missing. Red -MYLR- 7seatWhite