Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New delivery - missing close windows on lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bringing this thread back to life since I just found out the feature has been removed based on this thread.

Why would Telsa leave the option in the Manual but remove it from the vehicle without communication that it's been removed? This sounded like a great feature to have. :(

Update from my side. Most importantly, just got a recall notice from Tesla (I assume for our prior MY) saying that it would be fixed (feature would stay) but the firmware fix wasn't available yet. So, despite what folks have been hearing / saying, sounds like the feature will return and I suspect within a few months.

Second update is that both MY's did eventually get into the exact same version, so the feature's presence or not isn't connected to the firmware version.

Sept 22, 2022. Tesla announced a recall for 1.1million vehicles. Auto window close could pinch a person's fingers. NHTSA safety standard for power operated window systems.
Check out insideevs.com September 22, 2022. Recall reported by a number of news outlets.
The worst is the summer to come I fear. My 22'MYP cooks in the sunshine and without vent windows the a/c wastes valuable battery to insure the safety of the mcu. Very upsetting, I don't want tint on the front because without it provides extra solar heating in the winter. Vent window was a necessity, I'm planning to sell mine before the warranty ends for this reason. This car absolutely needs to have what every modern vehicle with large computer dashboards needs, to be viable, passive cooling.

You can use COP without AC. COP without AC uses ~1/3rd as much energy as COP with AC. You can now select from three different maximum cabin temperature settings for COP with AC.

COP is a passenger safety feature as it is found under Controls > Safety > Cabin Overheat Protection. Any protection to the vehicle components is incidental.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I have a service appointment for a window switch that detaches from the assembly- I saw this listed and called the center.

Screenshot_20230324_154607_Tesla.jpg

Looks like they can't remove the software update that removes the auto close function- so I think I'm cancelling the appointment. The window switch assembly is less than 40 bucks. I'll just replace it myself; I'm not losing the auto close function if I can possibly avoid it. I'm on the latest software version and will continue to update, but I guess I'll stay out of the service center. 🤷‍♂️