Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New development at Menlo Park: Non-drivable demo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeK

R#129, TSLA shareholder
I dropped by Menlo Park today in the hopes of trying out the 1.13.x software that reportedly adds more granularity to the volume controls. It was not yet loaded onto the cars, but there was something new on offer.

There's now a (Dolphin) Grey Model S with black leather interior and panoramic roof in the showroom, but it's not drivable. I was told that everything on the car is functional, but it has no battery pack. (It must have something to run the systems, but it doesn't have a proper pack, apparently). Fit and finish on the car looked very good. The paint was dinged in the lower front corner of the driver's door, but otherwise I was impressed with the overall body fit and the interior.

Here are a few photos. (Click to enlarge)

IMG_3754.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

I know people continue to have questions about rear seat headroom. I'm 6'1". Here's how I fit. Basically, I was perfectly comfortable sitting upright, but I am not able to lean my head back against a headrest, because it meets the headliner first.
IMG_3747.jpg

I'm sorry this is a lousy picture of the current panoramic roof bar. I will tell you that compared to others I've seen, it now has a matte texture and looked fine.
IMG_3746.JPG

This blurry mess attempts to show the "ambient" lighting in the back seat -- basically, there are LEDs under the front seats that light up the area around your feet.
IMG_3749.JPG

Last edited:
Headliner was alcantara and the seats were black leather, perforated (which I think is a Sig thing, yes?). The trim was piano black. I'm sorry, I didn't take pictures of the trim, but it looked nice! Todd, you ordered a very handsome configuration! :)

By the way, the car had the LED lights in back. Sun visors had mirrors but no lights. (Visor mirrors are a bit kraptacular, I have to say -- they're fine for what they are, but they are apparently plastic and they flex a bit so they were distorting at one edge. Given that they apparently plan to replace the visors, I don't worry about this anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow you made it there quick! Haha. Grey looks nice and so do the gaps!

Yeah, apparently I made it there before the software did! :)

The grey car had 1.7.x and the silver/black had 1.9.x. I didn't get a chance to check the blue test drive car, because it was busy giving test drives.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot a photo. Here's the VIN:

IMG_3744.jpg

hey, great, thanks for that post mike--those're my colors too (except with gloss obeche)... looks good.

getting excited... although i'm not expecting delivery much before xmas at this point... :(. ahh, what's another 4 weeks after 4 years... lol.