Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New 2 piece rotors and caliper upgrade

I finally got a weekend to install these rotors and covers. Had them in the garage all summer. I really love the look of the wheels with the brakes now. I find they complement each other. I think they are some of the best looking caliper covers you can find. The silver calipers looked pretty good with the black wheels but now they really pop.
What do you think. I know some people dislike covers and I was one of them. However I did not want to do something permanent to the car that will affect the resell. In person it’s very hard to tell they are covers.
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg

Last edited:
Be warned that the paint can fade under common wheel cleaning chemicals. I had it happen but you can bring it back with a bit of polishing compound and about 2 mins per wheel. It took about 6 months for the fade and it’s more of a gloss reduction than “fade”

Since you're asking...

I think covers look cheap and I think drilled rotors are great if you're going to actually need them for heat dissipation. If they're just for daily driving it seems like a waste. The holes are a weak point that can crack and you will burn through pads faster. But it's a Tesla so you're probably rarely using your brakes anyhow.

But if you like the way it looks that's really all that matters. Big thumbs up on DIYing and installing it yourself.

Since you're asking...

I think covers look cheap and I think drilled rotors are great if you're going to actually need them for heat dissipation. If they're just for daily driving it seems like a waste. The holes are a weak point that can crack and you will burn through pads faster. But it's a Tesla so you're probably rarely using your brakes anyhow.

But if you like the way it looks that's really all that matters. Big thumbs up on DIYing and installing it
Since you're asking...

But if you like the way it looks that's really all that matters. Big thumbs up on DIYing and installing it yourself.
Thanks for your honesty
Big difference for me was not having the centers of the rotors rust as well as some weight savings doesn’t really hurt either. There is a big difference in the weight of stock and the 2 piece rotors. I don’t track my car so they most likely not crack at the holes. My 3 is 1 year old and the brake pads already have a decent amount of rust on the sides of the pads. I don’t think they will last another 3 years the way they are going. We use lots of salt in the winter, so it just eats way at everything
I was surprised how much rust was inside the center the stock rotors.