Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW EAP Trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP here.

I finally got my 30 Day trail and $5,500 price today. Price shows on the car and my Tesla page. I will be purchasing it at the end of the trial.

I know a lot of people give others a hard time saying we're trying to get something for nothing, and they are untitled to their opinion. I fell like Tesla should provide trials for every version that comes out with new improvements. If they are going to give a discount to some, it should be for all. I was willing to pay the 6K but by the time I made that choice, the price went up to 7K. That's a large price swing for me to justify.

After over a month, four calls (most of which transferred me), 3 promises to call back (only one did), 2 email chains, and one Elon tweet, I was able to make it happen. Thinking back, I could have worked a part time job for all the time spent, and made the money I saved (fyi, this was a joke).

Anyway, the path that ended up working was email through my Tesla account and checked "Escalate this concern for executive review". I still had to push them to help, they tried to tell me to call. I ended up dealing with one person through the 12 deep email chain. I hope this helps someone else. Really I hope they will just flip the switch to re-enable for everyone and be done with it.

VIN: 70***
SW: 2018.42.4

I also got my trials today, I had to open a service ticket and show them the elon tweet, and this thread post, they had to get approval from somewhere, and they flipped a bit on my car, the order button disappeared in autopilot, so I let the car sit on wifi overnight and boom, the trial restarted, I asked if I wanted to enable it, I did, then I clicked on the 'trial autopilot 30 days' button at the top and say the 5500+tax price. I immediately purchase the autopilot at $5500 but when it was activating, it got stuck(I blame the browser bugs lol), after waiting for about 15 mins, I called tesla, they said to screenshot the credit card process pending and do a soft reboot of the car, when the car came back up, I had it.

Success!

SW: 2018.46.2
Performance Model 3
Delivered: 8-29-18

Last edited:
Reactions: Electroman
I also got my trials today, I had to open a service ticket and show them the elon tweet, and this thread post, they had to get approval from somewhere, and they flipped a bit on my car, the order button disappeared in autopilot, so I let the car sit on wifi overnight and boom, the trial restarted, I asked if I wanted to enable it, I did, then I clicked on the 'trial autopilot 30 days' button at the top and say the 5k+tax price. I immediately purchase the autopilot at $5k but when it was activating, it got stuck(I blame the browser bugs lol), after waiting for about 15 mins, I called tesla, they said to screenshot the credit card process pending and do a soft reboot of the car, when the car came back up, I had it.

Success!

SW: 2018.46.2
Performance Model 3
Delivered: 8-29-18

5k or 5500?!

After being told twice EAP trial has been pushed to my car I still did not get it. The escalated engineering team assured me they pushed it to my vehicle. They said I should be getting it tomorrow. I hope third time is a charm. Nice to hear Tesla decided to roll this out again to everyone.

Does anyone know lates v46.2 reset trial for those who was on v8? Alot of folks seem got trail reset without calling in or send in special request.
Prior update 46.2 i have an order button but after update 46.2 last night the order button gone but still no trial screen pop yet...does anyone got trial reset after update 46.2 ? Or their order button gone?

Just got offered the trial yesterday and I'm on 44.2

Called on Nov 12th and told them I already had the v8 trial and wanted the v9 trial. After talking they submitted for approval. On Nov 19th they called back to confirm my info and said would be repushed to car in 2 to 4 days. Called back on Nov 25th and they said it was pushed on Nov 21st and they saw an error but the case was already closed. So they reopened it and told me in 7 business days since they were busy. I called 2 more time on 27th and 30th and all same response they were looking into it. Then chatted twice online with them Dec 3rd and 6th all saying it's fixed and will get pushed soon. And finally got it yesterday with 5500 price. Will place order soon.

Thanks again everyone for helping out and giving me insight on getting the trial again.

Best of luck to everyone

so I called in again today and another service has no idea what I was talking about, and also has no idea about Elon twitter reset trial for those who were on v8). I gotta explain over again and all he can do is escalate to the upper team...Is there a way we can get to the right department for this? They have been circling me around for the past few days.

Got my trial reactivated pretty fast. Used the online help plus escalation. I was denied 3 weeks ago via email but after seeing this thread, I replied to that email asking them again and within days for it appeared in my car.

So two days after I finally got a very strong WiFi sig out to the garage, I got updated to 2018.46.2 from 2018.39.7.1. I was told on Tesla CS chat that I would receive the 30 day trial (and 5K price) in a few days after the update. As the Colonel says, 'we shall see...'

I was on v8 and same boat with you guys. Called in last week..pointing out about the twitte and she said she has no information on the twitte and she submit a request for me..then called back few times with diff person and each person tell me each diff story that they have no idea..
Also submit a service ticket with executive checked with link to elon Twitter directly to that post as well and no response

Just got offered the eap trial. I'm not really interested in doing it now. has anyone denied it and asked for the trial later?

What was the content in the latest email that made them pushing out to you right away? Did you select service request and other with checked executive review?
May share your input? Because they have been pushing me around.... They said they are not aware of his Twitter about re enable and they dont have any policy or guide line to follow up on that. .

What was the content in the latest email that made them pushing out to you right away? Did you select service request and other with checked executive review?
May share your input? Because they have been pushing me around.... They said they are not aware of his Twitter about re enable and they dont have any policy or guide line to follow up on that. .

I've had the car for a week. The day after my car was picked up I was away for a week and the car sat idle. When I came back and turned the car on it was on the screen and also received an email stating I was getting the trial.