Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings. I hit my one month anniversary and want to provide some positive feedback. 2,150 miles without a hiccup. The Milford supercharger has been great. I've used it for two business trips to CT and one family trip to Philly and back. Range anxiety is now gone and I've upped my avg speed to 70-75 and averaging below 350whr/mile w a p85 and 21" wheels. I make sure to call tesla before heading out to make sure the supercharger is working and have two/three backup charging alternatives.

Damn thats a lot of miles :D

Greetings. I hit my one month anniversary and want to provide some positive feedback. 2,150 miles without a hiccup. The Milford supercharger has been great. I've used it for two business trips to CT and one family trip to Philly and back. Range anxiety is now gone and I've upped my avg speed to 70-75 and averaging below 350whr/mile w a p85 and 21" wheels. I make sure to call tesla before heading out to make sure the supercharger is working and have two/three backup charging alternatives.

Love that. Nothing better. And did you mention - thoses are (net) solar miles, no net fossil fuel impact. So drive as far and as fast as you (safely) want.

- - - Updated - - -

Back from a just - amazing - fun - joyful - easy - almost free - exactly 1,401.1 mile road trip. Car performed perfectly.
Can you road trip in a Tesla Model S?
So, what can you do with a Model S and couple of Superchargers?
Leave Boston and Massachusetts and cruise on solar powered miles south through eight states, Greenwich Village and Times Square and the Upper East East Side of New York City, Camp on the coast of Maryland while your Model S enjoys the company of wild horses, see the Orioles play at Camden Yards, Tour Gettysburg (actually, you too can hand your key to a 70-year-old tour guide and let him drive your Tesla for over two hours), buy used Cowboy boots for $15 from the nicest guy in Maryland and maybe on Earth, let shotgun play guitar from music displayed on the touchscreen, keep dirty clothes and dishes in the frunk, store a week's worth of camping equipment, food, clothes in the trunk, meet a kind Tesla owner for dinner in Connecticut, meet another kind Tesla owner for a ukulele-guitar duet in Delaware, meet yet another kind Tesla owner by random chance in a town of 3000 in rural Maryland and charge at his house, and you can do it to an amazing 22-hour soundtrack courtesy of Slacker, leave your window open overnight in a gale wind and let your Tesla fill up with sand while you cook T-Bone steaks over an open fire, and you can do it all for under $100 including all fuel and lodging.

Of the 1,400 miles, approximately 1000 were Supercharger, Solar-powered miles.

Posted pics and more detail at

East Coast Model S Road-Trip: Eight States and Two Six-Strings, a Father and his Son

Else, hope all locals can get together this coming Sunday April 28th at 11am for a Sunday Drive - see post here:

Bringing back the Sunday drive - Page 2

Last edited:
I had my Model S delivered on 3/29 and so far I'm loving it! I drive it down to Stamford, CT twice a week and usually stop for a short charge at the Milford supercharger on the return trip just to make sure I have ample charge left to get home. Haven't run into any fellow Tesla owners there yet, but have gotten lots of looks and a few compliments.

NP Model S, 85kWh, blue, black leather, obeche matte, pano, 19", tech, sound studio, active air, jump seats

Another happy Model S owner checking in. Delivery on 4/7. Nema 14-50 installed on Monday. Life is good!

TMC Photo.JPG

VIN 8903 - 85 kWh, Black, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Grey Leather, Piano Black, Tech Package, Standard Suspension

Hello Everyone
Southern NH resident here. I took delivery of my P85 on Valentines day. Approaching 3k miles and no issues other than a flaw in my hood (which they replaced the whole hood). I commute to South Boston 2x a week and sit in traffic in style. Lots of lookers. I can never change lanes because people are always hanging in my blind spot checking out the car. I finally have my Tesla plate frame so I wont have as many strangers pulling up next to me rolling down the window to ask me what type of car I am driving as often.

I recently was hunted down by a reporter in Nashua who wanted to do a piece on Tesla. Agreed to give the reporter a test drive and talk to him for a while if he does a piece on how NH is behind in supporting infrastructure for EVs. He got some of my message out but still much more to be said. I have dropped a few notes to local representatives as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to the group and look forward to future meet ups with the group.

Ryan

Hi Everyone, also in southern NH, just outside of Manchester. Took delivery of a white 85 on 4/20.
I'm to and from Boston, Portland, Portsmouth and other cities consulting companies on Salesforce.com and other software.
Andrew (delivery guy) mentioned that they would be putting superchargers in place to get us to Montreal soon, looking forward to using that while weekending in the Northern Kingdom.

Anyone go to Epping or Mt Washington yet?

Just picked up my P85, green/tan/obeche glossy, tech package, audio upgrade, twin chargers, rear jump seat, HPWC - I am in love - feel like the first day I got my license. Sadly drove it straight to my detailer in Wakefield for Opticoat, Xpel Ultimate PPF, and Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrap accents. Will get it back this weekend and then I hope to dot he install of the Bletronics STiR and Laser Interceptor Jammers. Look forward to getting to know my fellow Tesla owners - thanks to all for your guidance support and friendship thus far!

Just picked up my P85, green/tan/obeche glossy, tech package, audio upgrade, twin chargers, rear jump seat, HPWC - I am in love - feel like the first day I got my license. Sadly drove it straight to my detailer in Wakefield for Opticoat, Xpel Ultimate PPF, and Carbon Fiber Vinyl wrap accents. Will get it back this weekend and then I hope to dot he install of the Bletronics STiR and Laser Interceptor Jammers. Look forward to getting to know my fellow Tesla owners - thanks to all for your guidance support and friendship thus far!

Congratulations! Is that the first green in New England since Robert's?

Hey all - sorry I registered here a while ago when I was getting ready for delivery but haven't been back since I got my P85 :redface:

Had it for months (delivery was 3/2) - about 5200 miles so far - it's a blast to drive, super convenient (5 adults + 2 kids - or : Ikea run!) - and I've taken it as far as D.C. with the two Super Chargers on I-95 :cool:

I'm a heavy travel I.T. consultant (READ: charging @ Logan :wink: ), an Active E (Electronaut), and soon to be electric car club conversion n00b :smile:

Next thing that's up for me is custom stereo install in the Model S - starting that end of June - will post how that goes!

Welcome fellow Teslaite/Electronaut. The ActiveE really is the gateway drug to the Model S...or was it the 'tother way round? Waiting all those years for the Model S made one appreciate the ActiveE being available that much sooner!

I haven't met him/her yet nor seen the car myself, but my neighbor mentioned that a red Model S appeared about a block and a half away on Forest Street in Cambridge the other day. When I went by yesterday the car was out, but electricians were installing a 14-50 outlet along the driveway as they don't have a garage.

Welcome to the neighborhood!