Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We live in Salem, NH and picked up our car at the Watertown Service Center on 3/3. So far we are really loving it although we have not had many opportunities to go long distances yet. We are planning a road trip to Memphis, TN in the summer. I believe that my husband put our outlet on Plugshare so if you enter 03079 you should find it. We are waiting for our HPWC to be delivered so for now we only have a Nema 6-50. We have not seen any other Tesla's in NH so I am glad to hear that there are others here.

Must be nice to not have to be concerned about a day job :)
(At work :( )

Hey hey, go easy on me. The ride wasn't for me, it was for the car. All caged up in a dark garage all day. You can't do that to a Tesla on a spring day.

So, I went for a spontaneous 40 mile drive this afternoon, all on old New England farm roads. Lincoln Sudbury Acton Maynard Stowe Boxford Concord. All undivided, two lane roads. Heat up, sunroof at 80% open. Great music. It was as if the car was designed for those roads. Perfect. Winding, up, down, straight for but a fleeting moment. Found an ancient cafe and when the woman asked where I was going (not sure, just driving), she flipped the closed sign around and made me a free coffee to go. Farms, farmhouses, sun-filled woods, open fields, prerevolutinary stone walls, revolutionary car. Landed in my driveway behind my wife, who actually had to work today. She asked me what errands I was running, and as I smiled and couldn't find an answer (hi, honey, I just drove 40 miles...for a cup of coffee?) she shook her head, "you mean you just went out driving for an hour?". Uhmm...Oh well. Why try to explain that? But she gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

ironciti and santana, Welcome! Feel like telling us where you live? You don't have to... I don't mean to be nosy, just curious. I live only a few minutes from Hanover, NH.

I spend vacations about 17 minutes from Hanover. Great place. Have a NEMA 14-50 if anyone in need. Hcsharp, feel free to PM and happy to say hello. May be coming through this weekend.

I was only joking with you, I was stuck in downtown Boston at work when I read about your drive, my Model S was trapped in the underground parking garage :(

Btw, I'm getting some amazing Wh numbers, on this mornings 15 mile 50 minute crawl on the southeast distress way, I saw 300wh when I arrived, that was with no heat or even seat warmers today.

Also my trunk and frunk all weather mats arrived yesterday, they fit fairly well... Still waiting on all weather mats for the driver, passenger and 2nd row. Nice timing Tesla, winter is over.

Btw, anyone looking for a deal on a Plug in Prius Advanced? I'm getting horrific trade in numbers from CARMAX and dealers.

Hi everyone. I took delivery about 10 days ago and have 700 miles on the car. It is amazing. I used the Milford supercharger last week on a business trip to Connecticut and it worked perfectly. I have to say I had a little bit of "will the chargers be occupied/available" anxiety but no one was at the chargers. I am heading to Philly this weekend and contemplating taking the Model S. My concern is whether there will be more chance of the chargers being used, especially Sunday evening. Is anyone else planning a simliar trip?

t looks like us NH folks are spread rather thinly over the state. I'm outside of Nashua and so far I've only seen one Model S in the wild. It was a white one with a pano roof parked outside an office building in Westford where I work. This was a few days before I took delivery of mine and as I was driving closer and closer to this white car I couldn't believe that it was actually a Tesla. A few weeks earlier I had followed a black car that sure looked a lot like a Tesla for more than a mile, but once I got close enough to see the letters on the back I realized that there were too many of them to spell Tesla. It turned out to be a Porsche Panamera.

As for ModelS1079's little odyssey, what a difference a day makes. It figures that I would have today off, but yesterday I had to work or I so would have been there!! In fact I wound up taking a longer ride home from work yesterday because of a slow train cutting off most of crossings in town. So, lots of back roads and lots of good music. My wife even noticed the big grin on my face when I got home. She thought I had had a great day at work, NAAAH!!

...As for ModelS1079's little odyssey, what a difference a day makes. ...So, lots of back roads and lots of good music. My wife even noticed the big grin on my face when I got home. She thought I had had a great day at work, NAAAH!!

Everyday ends well coming into the driveway in a Model S. But I am hesitant to call it The Happy Ending Car.
Glad you are enjoying. And a reminder that you saw a blue Model S in the wild before that white one - mine!

Everyday ends well coming into the driveway in a Model S. But I am hesitant to call it The Happy Ending Car.
Glad you are enjoying. And a reminder that you saw a blue Model S in the wild before that white one - mine!

Enjoying is an understatement. Most days I get to work or home and wish that I lived further from where I work. Sorry, I don't consider the gracious tour of your car to be an "in the wild" sighting as we arranged in advance for the meet up. One of these days we'll have to do it again after the road stops turning my blue car into a blue and white car.

t looks like us NH folks are spread rather thinly over the state. I'm outside of Nashua and so far I've only seen one Model S in the wild. It was a white one with a pano roof parked outside an office building in Westford where I work. This was a few days before I took delivery of mine and as I was driving closer and closer to this white car I couldn't believe that it was actually a Tesla. A few weeks earlier I had followed a black car that sure looked a lot like a Tesla for more than a mile, but once I got close enough to see the letters on the back I realized that there were too many of them to spell Tesla. It turned out to be a Porsche Panamera.

As for ModelS1079's little odyssey, what a difference a day makes. It figures that I would have today off, but yesterday I had to work or I so would have been there!! In fact I wound up taking a longer ride home from work yesterday because of a slow train cutting off most of crossings in town. So, lots of back roads and lots of good music. My wife even noticed the big grin on my face when I got home. She thought I had had a great day at work, NAAAH!!

I almost got fooled by a panamera the other day too.
I'd guess the longer range of the teslas will make them more visible. My leaf does it's 14 mile RT daily on backroads of Nashua/merrimack and has never met another leaf (or EV).

Hi everyone. I took delivery about 10 days ago and have 700 miles on the car. It is amazing. I used the Milford supercharger last week on a business trip to Connecticut and it worked perfectly. I have to say I had a little bit of "will the chargers be occupied/available" anxiety but no one was at the chargers. I am heading to Philly this weekend and contemplating taking the Model S. My concern is whether there will be more chance of the chargers being used, especially Sunday evening. Is anyone else planning a simliar trip?

i'll be taking mine to nyc this weekend, so will be using the charger at some point around noon both days i imagine.

ps had a (matching) silver model s pull up behind my parked one at the eliot hotel the other day, pause for a bit, then drive off. anyone want to own up to it ;) ? don't know if it was local or not- no front license plate. i was eating inside and happened to watch it happen hehe.

Checking in for the first time. I got my S on 3/2 at Watertown and I live in Framingham, just a few miles from the Natick showroom. Though, to be fair, I sat in my first Tesla last summer at the Menlo Park, CA showroom/museum. Anyone know where there is a high-power charger around where I could test my 2nd charger?

i'll be taking mine to nyc this weekend, so will be using the charger at some point around noon both days i imagine.

ps had a (matching) silver model s pull up behind my parked one at the eliot hotel the other day, pause for a bit, then drive off. anyone want to own up to it ;) ? don't know if it was local or not- no front license plate. i was eating inside and happened to watch it happen hehe.

Troy your silver S was the first I ever saw in the wild, in September or early October. Hope all is well.

- - - Updated - - -

Checking in for the first time. I got my S on 3/2 at Watertown and I live in Framingham, just a few miles from the Natick showroom. Though, to be fair, I sat in my first Tesla last summer at the Menlo Park, CA showroom/museum. Anyone know where there is a high-power charger around where I could test my 2nd charger?

Welcome Big Maple! Hope you are bringing Framingham some Electric Shock and Awe. Wait, that's just not right...we'll all have to get together for a drive soon. Ed A is out your way. Enjoy. What color and configuration are you flying?

Last edited:

If you don't mind driving down to Randolph, I have a 75A J-1772 OpenEVSE that I use to charge my dual charger Model S, you are welcomed to try it out... It has been used on 2 different Model S's so far, "Cinergi" (Ben), and mine.