Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Englanders -- check in!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking in from Maine!

Ordered my M3 SR+ Tesla in August - EDD was January, then February, then March, now nothing. Is this a common New England challenge? Wishing there was a distribution center somewhere north of Paramus, NJ...

My current plan is for my wife and I drive to my brothers place in Portland, Maine to drop her car off, then to take the AmTrack train (business class for comfort... I'm 6'6") to spend a night in NYC, maybe see a show on Broadway, then pick up my tesla on my delivery date. Anybody else come from this far north that have suggestions on a more comfortable ride? My wife drives a prius, so it is super uncomfortable to go long distances....

Checking in from Maine!

Ordered my M3 SR+ Tesla in August - EDD was January, then February, then March, now nothing. Is this a common New England challenge? Wishing there was a distribution center somewhere north of Paramus, NJ...

My current plan is for my wife and I drive to my brothers place in Portland, Maine to drop her car off, then to take the AmTrack train (business class for comfort... I'm 6'6") to spend a night in NYC, maybe see a show on Broadway, then pick up my tesla on my delivery date. Anybody else come from this far north that have suggestions on a more comfortable ride? My wife drives a prius, so it is super uncomfortable to go long distances....
All car companies are facing a chip shortage, at a time where there are more chips in cars than ever before: Chip shortage likely to keep car prices sky-high through 2023

All car companies are facing a chip shortage, at a time where there are more chips in cars than ever before: Chip shortage likely to keep car prices sky-high through 2023
Thanks EdA!

I'm aware of the chip shortage, I've been trying to get myself an Xbox Series X since launch last year and finally succeeded only last week. I've noticed though on the Model 3 SR+ waiting room that some people that placed an order after me are receiving their vehicles already, or have EDD's that are within the month range. Got me wondering if delivery location was part of the reason why mine is pushed back where others had only 4-6 weeks wait time.

Also, noticed that you have an S and 3 - is it true that the 3 has more leg room? One of the main reasons I went with the 3 over the S(other than cost).

Thanks EdA!

I'm aware of the chip shortage, I've been trying to get myself an Xbox Series X since launch last year and finally succeeded only last week. I've noticed though on the Model 3 SR+ waiting room that some people that placed an order after me are receiving their vehicles already, or have EDD's that are within the month range. Got me wondering if delivery location was part of the reason why mine is pushed back where others had only 4-6 weeks wait time.

Also, noticed that you have an S and 3 - is it true that the 3 has more leg room? One of the main reasons I went with the 3 over the S(other than cost).

The roof is higher in the 3 and you sit slightly higher, more noticeable in the back. Not sure of actual leg room being greater in the 3.
I had an S before my 3, and my wife has an S which I typically drive when we need more storage space.

Hi all. Took delivery on Thursday of an M3 LR. Black/black. Great so far, no quality issues at all. I live in Cambridge, MA FYI.
Welcome to Cambridge! I see more and more Teslas every day. I have a five-year old X and a Y, my tenant has a Y and my next door neighbor as well. But there are also a lot of other EVs. Nearby are Model 3s, Volts, Bolts and an ID.4. I'm sure there would be many more if street-side charging was available.

Our Grand Prize winner from February picked up his Model S at the new Norwell MA Tesla Store last week! We drove to a more picturesque area nearby to get some photos and video. I wish I'd had a Gopro mounted on the back of my Y as we drove there - the white S looked beautiful in my rear view mirror as we made some twists and turns on local roads.

IMG_5044.jpg

Hi all, picking up my first Tesla, Long Range Model Y in white, in May. Can't wait to own it. Looking at paint protection places for once I get it.

Welcome to the family! I have a 21 Model Y Performance with XPEL Stealth PPF on it. I got mine done at Top Notch Detailing in Warwick, RI. Amazing job done and for a better fee than the other places I shopped around at, so win win!