Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New feature? Slow stop.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently started coasting slowly backward down slight incline where car suddenly stopped. I thought I hit something until I noticed text indicating car intentionally stopped to prevent possible accident. Brilliant I thought! How long has this been a feature? I had previously rolled slowly backwards at traffic lights and was worried I might roll into car behind...so glad to seevthis feature.

I noticed the same thing. With the latest update I received (2019.8.5) It now recognizes when you come to a stop on an incline and activates the 'hold' features automatically. I can say, with certainty - that this was not the case before the update. I often have to wait in line on an (uphill) stoplight every morning during my commute, and this feature surprised me the first time it happened. I use the hold feature frequently at stop lights, so for it to happen automatically was a surprise.

• Informative
Reactions: steve in socal
I often have to wait in line on an (uphill) stoplight every morning during my commute, and this feature surprised me the first time it happened. I use the hold feature frequently at stop lights, so for it to happen automatically was a surprise.

This sounds cool. I have a similar situations where I have to always engage hold on an inclined road at a stoplight. I'll give this a test today or tomorrow and see if it automatically engages hold for me as well.