Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New features in Tesla version 10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BigNick

Infamous Fat Sweaty Guy
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
Here are the top three features Tesla is working on for v10:

1. Fixed roof for all Model S cars. Regardless of your roof type, Tesla will be disabling the software controls to open and close the roof. (Make sure your roof is closed before updating.)

2. Simplified climate control. Just adjust the temperature. Nothing else can be adjusted. The software will control all air speed, direction, recirculate mode and air conditioning.

3. Single-channel radio. No manual tuning, no fiddling with presets.

I joke of course. But it seems this is the road they are going down. Taking away S features that differentiate it from the 3.

The only thing that really annoys me about v9 is that the percentage at destination is now only visible if the Nav is zoomed out to the leg or troop levels.

It used to be you could choose the number of directions to see and zoom level separately, but now they're linked, and the percentage is only available on the full list.

There are features I'd like to have and things that are a little more awkward than before, but that's the only one that routinely annoys me.

• Love
Reactions: mazeminder
Do you have the newer faster MCU2? Maybe that makes a difference.

Yes I do... now. But I also had it in my prior P85D, and I liked it then too. It doesn't stress me to look low on the screen for a couple of seconds to change the audio source. On my wife's Audi it's much worse because you have to futz with a bunch of unlabeled, mode dependent buttons on the console around the gear selector. That takes far more attention from the road than Tesla's system.

+1 Saghost — totally agree. I now constantly flip between direction heading up (preferred) and overall route merely to see the state of charge at my destination and thus adjust my speed accordingly to arrive at the desired SoC. Tesla—please bring this back. Thanks!

Reactions: mazeminder
+1 Saghost — totally agree. I now constantly flip between direction heading up (preferred) and overall route merely to see the state of charge at my destination and thus adjust my speed accordingly to arrive at the desired SoC. Tesla—please bring this back. Thanks!

If I'm on a longer trip where I am concerned about charge levels I keep the energy graph up which I find extremely helpful at giving me accurate information to adjust my driving accordingly.

If I'm on a longer trip where I am concerned about charge levels I keep the energy graph up which I find extremely helpful at giving me accurate information to adjust my driving accordingly.
Just to clarify, are you referring to the graph in the display that is directly in front of the driver or on the 17 inch screen? If on the 17 inch screen, does it take up the bottom half of the display still leaving maps on the top half?

I'm still a noob, have had my 75D for only 2 weeks so far. :)

Just to clarify, are you referring to the graph in the display that is directly in front of the driver or on the 17 inch screen? If on the 17 inch screen, does it take up the bottom half of the display still leaving maps on the top half?

I'm still a noob, have had my 75D for only 2 weeks so far. :)

It's the graph on the 17" screen and takes up the bottom. This shows your actual energy use as compared to predicted use and projects what your charge will be at the end of the trip. The end of trip prediction is dynamic and fluctuates with your actual performance. If you haven't used it, definitely check it out. If you hit the up arrow on the bottom of the 17" screen and choose "Energy", it will come up.

Reactions: SilverGS
It's the graph on the 17" screen and takes up the bottom. This shows your actual energy use as compared to predicted use and projects what your charge will be at the end of the trip. The end of trip prediction is dynamic and fluctuates with your actual performance. If you haven't used it, definitely check it out. If you hit the up arrow on the bottom of the 17" screen and choose "Energy", it will come up.
Thanks! Will definitely try that out!

I'd be happy with v10 if they just take v8 and rename it.
Scratch that. Rename Version 7, cause then you'd go back to fixed top commands, on NAV too, and the "+" and "-" delayed animations would go away.

I won't compare subsequent Tesla UI versions, to Audi. How about, I dunno. Tesla?

Tesla has moved commands and placed others in sub-sub-menus (like SW heat). That shark is jumped.

I bet Version 10 buries Model S controls, as moving bonus icons in the games. Wanna turn the heat up? Shoot the correct asteroid...