Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Firmware Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a new firmware update today or one thats rolled out in the last day for two? My delivery just got pushed back by 1 day as the rep said 'they need to install the latest firmware update' for the Model Y. Can anyone confirm?

Is there a new firmware update today or one thats rolled out in the last day for two? My delivery just got pushed back by 1 day as the rep said 'they need to install the latest firmware update' for the Model Y. Can anyone confirm?
Just 2020.12.1 but you’re will read a different number out of the factory.

Go here and click on top where it say Firmware tracker:

TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

Expect 2 to 3 weeks before the next update to your model Y, some people get it within days. Just be patient as it will come. Ensure your car is set on your home WiFi and set the software update to Advance.

Fred

Well in my experience, the cars seldom get delivered with the "latest firmware". It's probably a recent version and might even be the latest, but you never know based on what they tell you. Sounds like an excuse to delay delivery.

Reactions: hutsy
I took delivery of a new Y yesterday and had a 90 minute wait while the firmware update was applied. So yes, true. (incidentally the timestamp on the state inspection was 345am one day last week so they really are working around the clock to prep these deliveries)
Don't know what it was before the update but after it is 2020.5.10.3.

I took delivery of a new Y yesterday and had a 90 minute wait while the firmware update was applied. So yes, true. (incidentally the timestamp on the state inspection was 345am one day last week so they really are working around the clock to prep these deliveries)
Grats! It’s going to be a wait for me, but I’m all complete online. The 2020.5.10.3 is that weird firmware number that comes from the factory, it does have everything that the newest firmware has, they probably monitor the new cars with their firmware number before releasing the next one like 2020.12.1

Fred

What?? That's really silly. My sub 800 VIN came with 2020.5.10.1 and no one said anything. I just updated it myself to 2020.5.10.3 (more like it sat in the driveway and updated itself after I accepted).

Reactions: Electric Steve
New owner, new car, new update (delivery on 4/15 was 2020.10.5.3)

Attachments

• 669BC74C-C050-4F0C-BAA2-3CE21B6D156A_1_201_a.jpeg
    669BC74C-C050-4F0C-BAA2-3CE21B6D156A_1_201_a.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Disagree
Reactions: Gator99
So, I have a brand new Model Y, and loving it! However, this new update (2020.12.10) broke the dashcam's ability to write to the USB drive I had in there with the EXT4 filesystem on it. I think in the process of adding the new DashCam viewer they broke EXT4 support for writing to the USB. It still can read from it and I can see all the saved footage in the viewer, but since the update I get the message you see attached.

Has anyone else that was using the EXT4 filesystem on their Tesla had this happen to them?

Attachments

• 2020-04-21 17.22.09.jpg
    2020-04-21 17.22.09.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 55
So, I have a brand new Model Y, and loving it! However, this new update (2020.12.10) broke the dashcam's ability to write to the USB drive I had in there with the EXT4 filesystem on it. I think in the process of adding the new DashCam viewer they broke EXT4 support for writing to the USB. It still can read from it and I can see all the saved footage in the viewer, but since the update I get the message you see attached.

Has anyone else that was using the EXT4 filesystem on their Tesla had this happen to them?

I thought it had to be fat32 before as well?