Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Flo® chargers in our building

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
Our building is quite old. It was built in 1956. Just because it‘s old doesn’t mean that you can “teach an old dog, new tricks”. The property management company are quite forward thinkers. The new chargers got installed this week and should be commissioned for this Monday. They are L2 on 40 amp breakers, according to the techs who installed them. Sadly, they will be paid usage, but they will certainly attract more EV renters with these.

Lucky for me, I have my own, and it is VIN locked.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 50
Awesome to see this “progress” as I encountered a bit of resistance from the board of directors installing at my condo 2 years ago and my friend is still waiting to this day (1.5 years!) to install hers. Here in Ontario despite it being part of the Condominium Act, there’s no enforcement mechanism to hold the board of directors to it… 😒

Anyways, how did you get your charger VIN locked? I always wanted the Tesla charger but have stuck with my mobile connector in a lockbox instead for security reasons.

Awesome to see this “progress” as I encountered a bit of resistance from the board of directors installing at my condo 2 years ago and my friend is still waiting to this day (1.5 years!) to install hers. Here in Ontario despite it being part of the Condominium Act, there’s no enforcement mechanism to hold the board of directors to it… 😒

Anyways, how did you get your charger VIN locked? I always wanted the Tesla charger but have stuck with my mobile connector in a lockbox instead for security reasons.
It is quite simple. You power cycle the WC3, then connect your phone to its WiFi (it is a WiFi router as well). Once in, you go to the designated IP address, which takes you to a browser page. The web page is nicely setup, making it easy to make selections. There is a section for access control, similar to an ACL (Access Control List), where you can choose:
- All car
- Teslas only
- Specific VINs

Easy peezy. The key is to NOT LOSE the brochure/pamphlet which came with it as it has the access point info and Password.