Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stay out of Atlanta. I'm finding that AP with "Tesla vision" is slower to react to bumper to bumper traffic stops on highway. Scared the *sugar* out of me that AP just kept me humming along in fast lane at 65mph when middle lane was stopped and clearly ahead all traffic in left lane was a dead stop. So rather than play chicken with AP I overrode with brake. And I was rewarded with a massive safety score penalty for "Forward Collision Warning". So to game the system I should leave it stay in AP and HOPE that it breaks in time. WTAF.
Agreed, Vision cars are inferior, currently.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Maybe getting the hang of this scoring system. Forty miles round trip into midtown Manhattan. Lots of traffic. Perfect score.
1633056221175.png

So I enrolled in the fsd beta in my plaid this morning and from what I read online they aren't monitoring high speeds or straight line acceleration. I know they mentioned cornering g-force but does this mean I can still 'have fun' in my plaid in a straight line and not have a negative impact on my safe score?
Yes as long as you don’t have to brake hard. Deductions for hard braking. Full regen can exceed the threshold.

My biggest concern now is what happens AFTER you get admitted to the FSD program? Obviously the Safety Score thing is not going away. So then what score do we need to have to keep it? I didn't pay for a $100K+ sports car to drive like a grandmother all the time. It's sustainable for a few weeks, but not forever. And I feel if I get it, and then they take it away, I want my $10K back since these metrics were never explained. This could easily turn into a class-action lawsuit if Tesla doesn't be careful.

I didn't pay for a $100K+ sports car to drive like a grandmother all the time.
Then do not.
I want my $10K back since these metrics were never explained.
You did not pay for the beta.

Harsh comment coming - but can every just get the **** over their safety score and drive their car? Everyone on Reddit complaining about "I went from 100 to 99 because of a damn dog". I get it, I am not in the same boat since I have not taken delivery. But just enjoy your car.

Then do not.

Harsh comment coming - but can every just get the **** over their safety score and drive their car? Everyone on Reddit complaining about "I went from 100 to 99 because of a damn dog".
And people that constantly defend Tesla's ridiculousness should get over themselves. On the website that explains what I purchased it says "Autosteer on City Streets Coming Later This Year". Not, "After we decide to score you and you must drive like a grandmother on a daily basis for the foreseeable future". In addition, Elon has been plugging the button for months and the widespread release of the product. Then springs the Safety Score thing. Why build up people's hopes? Why not say that from the beginning? And certainly don't have a system that is docking people because they live in a congested city with other bad drivers that cause your score to go down. It's just wrong.

Just stay out of Atlanta. I'm finding that AP with "Tesla vision" is slower to react to bumper to bumper traffic stops on highway. Scared the *sugar* out of me that AP just kept me humming along in fast lane at 65mph when middle lane was stopped and clearly ahead all traffic in left lane was a dead stop. So rather than play chicken with AP I overrode with brake. And I was rewarded with a massive safety score penalty for "Forward Collision Warning". So to game the system I should leave it stay in AP and HOPE that it breaks in time. WTAF.
So confirmed this morning to my surprise and somewhat to my delight that when on highway careening at great speed while on AP towards stopped traffic backup clearly visible in the distance, remaining passive in the face of potential doom and allowing AP to decide when to panic brake does preserve a perfect safety score even when AP disengages in a bot-panic. I don't know if I have the stomach to repeat that too many times.

So confirmed this morning to my surprise and somewhat to my delight that when on highway careening at great speed while on AP towards stopped traffic backup clearly visible in the distance, remaining passive in the face of potential doom and allowing AP to decide when to panic brake does preserve a perfect safety score even when AP disengages in a bot-panic. I don't know if I have the stomach to repeat that too many times.
Thanks for taking one for the team, Woody, in the name of research 😆

Then do not.

Harsh comment coming - but can every just get the **** over their safety score and drive their car? Everyone on Reddit complaining about "I went from 100 to 99 because of a damn dog". I get it, I am not in the same boat since I have not taken delivery. But just enjoy your car.
Agree with this 100%. I'm just happy that he seems like FSD is moving forward...whether I get granted access or not. It's just nice to see it rolling out to more people.

My biggest concern now is what happens AFTER you get admitted to the FSD program? Obviously the Safety Score thing is not going away. So then what score do we need to have to keep it? I didn't pay for a $100K+ sports car to drive like a grandmother all the time. It's sustainable for a few weeks, but not forever. And I feel if I get it, and then they take it away, I want my $10K back since these metrics were never explained. This could easily turn into a class-action lawsuit if Tesla doesn't be careful.
Don't participate; pretty sure I won't after I get my MS Plaid. I'll wait until the real-deal FSD is available, for what I paid for it! Not interested in having Big Brother examining my driving habits after what I'm paying for this car, lol. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and MEL-22