Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More helpful info......

If you are enrolled and want to drive like a bat out of hell, put the car in gear and restart the car using the scroll wheels. That trip wont count. Welcome.

In addition, if you had a forward collision alert or think you drove bad that trip, restart the car and that trip wont count.

Also, a couple days ago I logged out of the Tesla app and it deleted the safety score section from the app. It wasn't until I went on another drive that it came back and without the trips from before. It appeared as if it erased everything before, but not sure if Tesla has all that info saved on their system...

Reactions: impastu
More helpful info......

If you are enrolled and want to drive like a bat out of hell, put the car in gear and restart the car using the scroll wheels. That trip wont count. Welcome.

In addition, if you had a forward collision alert or think you drove bad that trip, restart the car and that trip wont count.
Ya, confirmed here that this tactic works. Saved me a point this afternoon. It’s also clear that coming In hot on a green light that has a quick yellow light is a recipe to Attract hard braking deductions!

Last edited:
When Tesla is informed of this tactic, they can check the mileage accumulated since the Safety Monitor was installed, and the mileage reported in the Trips listed. If these are different values, they can check for user initiated reboots. If there are excessive user initiated reboots, they could determine a reporting error in the Safety Monitor. Who knows if they care, will check, or how they might handle this situation. The safety monitor process is likely just a screening tool they can show the regulatory agencies that they are screening and limiting drivers before they can use the new "beta" FSD to give Tesla some added cover.

All of this is speculation. Whether you get FSD or not, whether Tesla will ever produce FSD, whether fooling the safety score will affect you or not, and apparently whether you can even get the FSD Beta Request Button. :) We are all just playing the Tesla game, and we are not sure if winning is good or not.

Reactions: impastu
We are all just playing the Tesla game, and we are not sure if winning is good or not.
Yes, but I'm having a great time playing along! :D

When I gave Elon ten thousand dollars to purchase FSD in August, 2019, I viewed it as a donation to support the development of the product. My new Plaid will also come with FSD, and for the same reason.

This is literally history being made. And I'm having a blast playing along the way.

Is the driving score transferable as I am enrolled in my current S and getting some score but my refresh will be delivered mid Nov for which I have FSD. I don't want to go thro this slow drive again if I can avoid instead floor my refresh MSLR.

Interesting. If I sell the car then how does Tesla has a record of his driving score?
If what I read is true then for now during beta every new Tesla is like starting over. I’m sure this will evolve as driving records follow people for insurance purposes so it’s logical that Tesla will figure it out for FSD purposes (probably in two weeks)

Yes, but I'm having a great time playing along! :D

When I gave Elon ten thousand dollars to purchase FSD in August, 2019, I viewed it as a donation to support the development of the product. My new Plaid will also come with FSD, and for the same reason.

This is literally history being made. And I'm having a blast playing along the way.
This is exactly what I thought when I gave Elon money 4 years back for FSD, now that I have the FSD hardware (MCU1/AP3) that he said (which is all I need), I am still not able to get even a preview of this tech, while Elon has changed direction on how they will realize the FSD or lack there of.