Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD Beta Button for 2021 Refreshed Plaid and Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to see you go.... for now. It is a glimpse of life again without freaking out when someone in LA cuts you off and you have to slam on the brakes and it ruins your day. Your info is valuable and appreciated. If you opt back in, update us and let us know if the Safety Score resets or picks back up where it left off.

I am actually excited about FSD and cannot wait to get it. This beta launch is like most bong resin ladened Musk executions - half baked. I use it quite a bit in its current form and I do not regret the $10k investment.

The roundabouts are killing me. The car was built to be driven a little more aggressive than the score will let us.

I plan to opt back in but just waiting to see what happens over the near future.

I may just opt back in this weekend to see what happens.

What machine!?
giphy.gif

Good friend of the estimated delivery date monkey.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Tesla can, and has, removed FSD from you at any time if they think you are abusing the software or are not paying attention. They control who gets and does not get the Beta software -- period. They can say you don't get it until it is released into a general, non-beta release, even if you paid for it. On the other hand, they can give it to celebrities, car reviewers, investors, and others as they see fit -- even to people who haven't paid for it.

I did opt out. My drives after have been just as safe but more relaxing.

The opt in button is still there. My saftey score was still on my app for a while - nothing erased but it did not count trips since opting out. Now, the safety score is not on the app at all.

Maybe I will opt back in later and see what it does.
I'm pretty close to opting out myself. My score has been as high as 98 and, after one particularly bad drive, as low as 90. Should I wait for autopilot to slam the brakes on when that car I see OBVIOUSLY GETTING READY TO MERGE finally does it-- risking a minor accident, but knowing that nothing the car does on autopilot counts against my score-- or hit the brakes myself, taking the "extreme braking" hit?

Trying to qualify for the beta has taken all the fun out of driving this car. Hardly seems worth it.

@MarcG and @xEvoLveDx will you let us know if you also got the yoke improvement update as well in the release notes?
I noticed something funky with the blinkers... during my first drive there was a time when the blinker was active shortly after a turn and I couldn't turn it off. I tried pressing it a bunch of times and it just wouldn't stop. I was able to press the other blinker and then it turned on but I couldn't shut it off. About 10 seconds and many button presses later, it finally shut off. Strange.