Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New FSD computer in my new Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X is being built this month.

Will it have the new FSD chips they are talking about?

And I know this may be a silly question, but would it also power the 17" screen? I saw on a car review somewhere that the Nvidia chip is a bit slow and they were moving to an Intel which would give us a faster screen etc. As the new chips are replacing Nvidia does this mean the screen will also be more responsive or is that another chip?

Yes, your car definitely has Tesla's new FSD computer. Listen here and here. The switch for S/X happened around 23 March 2019.

Media Control Unit and Full Self-Driving are different computers. Model S/X switched to the faster MCU on 14 March 2018. See the article here. All Model 3's already had this MCU when Model 3 production started in July 2017.

If you are still worried, you can check the driver's door label at delivery. It should show 04/19 for April 2019 manufacture date.

By the way, the Model S/X are expected to have a design refresh soon. Check out my prediction here. My previous prediction here about HW3 timing turned out to be correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk19
Yes, your car definitely has Tesla's new FSD computer. Listen here and here. The switch for S/X happened around 23 March 2019.

Media Control Unit and Full Self-Driving are different computers. Model S/X switched to the faster MCU on 14 March 2018. See the article here. All Model 3's already had this MCU when Model 3 production started in July 2017.

If you are still worried, you can check the driver's door label at delivery. It should show 04/19 for April 2019 manufacture date.

By the way, the Model S/X are expected to have a design refresh soon. Check out my prediction here. My previous prediction here about HW3 timing turned out to be correct.

Good news thanks!

Ok great well Tesla did say it woudl finish production this month so I'm hoping I'm getting new FSD and not one of the old ones. If it is I'll refuse it I guess as I don't want an old chip in there if there's a newer better one now.

Reactions: Troy